Gooseneck cable flashing for roof penetration.

krassyg

n3wb
Reaction score
Need to run cables through the roof for cameras; do you guys know who sells something like this?
gooseneck-cable-flashing.jpg

Oldtechguy66

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I've done it using standard PVC electrical conduit (1.5", 2" etc), then use a standard slip-on PVC waste-vent roofing boot. You can either run a straight piece of PVC conduit straight up, slip on the flashing boot as usual, the glue on a J-box or elbow, attach a 90* bend to the horizontal port on the elbow/box - or carefully heat a straight piece of PVC & bend it into the desired arc. The latter takes some patience and lots of practice to get it right. You can also buy pre-bent electrical PVC sections in various arc lengths, then just glue on as needed. Not as strong as metal conduits, but it also doesn't corrode - and sometimes absolute rigidity isn't needed. You can also go the old standard utility Weatherhead (rigid pipe) method, though that doesn't give as much protection as the flashing TonyR showed above. Local roofing supply house or electrical supply house may also carry similar items. I used a PVC section stubbed up about 2 ft above roof, then a j-box with side ports, then elbow drops, to feed my LAN & coax feeds to my APs and various antennas. That way, I can pull the cover on the J-box, and easily feed/pull new cables if desired, Easier than trying to fish cables out a 180* arc, especially when the conduit starts to get crowded :cool: Anyway, just a different approach.

krassyg

n3wb
Reaction score
Is that a legit company? The picture is from their web site; just never hear of them.