Google home and hikvision

Billkater

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Not sure what forum to place this in. So I am sticking it here.

I use Hikvision cameras in my home. Is there anyway to make them work with Google Home?

lewic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Nope. Hikvision cameras don't have that ability. With that being said.... EZViz which is Hikvision's cheaper, consumer line I believe has that ability. Maybe there is a way to get it to work?

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I'd be weary trying to integrate these cameras with voice assistant devices, especially like Google and Alexa.

Raivo

n3wb
Reaction score
Nope. Hikvision cameras don't have that ability. With that being said.... EZViz which is Hikvision's cheaper, consumer line I believe has that ability. Maybe there is a way to get it to work?
I had not appreciated that EZViz was Hikvision's brand! You've jsut opened my eyes!

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Beware, its their lower end consumer based line. You're trading out features in the interest of cost saving measure

I had not appreciated that EZViz was Hikvision's brand! You've jsut opened my eyes!

Raivo

n3wb
Reaction score
Beware, its their lower end consumer based line. You're trading out features in the interest of cost saving measure
No, I was mostly surprised that IMHO Hikvision's products are not... elegant or aesthetically pleasing enough, whereas Ezviz actually looks good. I would of course not trade appearance for quality / content, yet that is still rather surprising!

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
The cheaper stuff tends to be designed to be more attractive aesthetically speaking, with much of the prime features stripped away. :p Some companies can get away like Google's Nest and Ring, and Netgear's Arlo cameras (all crap by the way) ;) They know that impulsive consumers probably will not want to know the exact specifications in terms of what sensor is on board, what the set focal length is, aperture, and the ability to set specific configuration options. Ezviz is one step above the basic consumer line, but I would still recommend Hikvision over their own Ezviz lineup any day. :)

No, I was mostly surprised that IMHO Hikvision's products are not... elegant or aesthetically pleasing enough, whereas Ezviz actually looks good. I would of course not trade appearance for quality / content, yet that is still rather surprising!

lewic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hikvision is a prosumer/commercial grade. Buyers of that level care more about function/reliability/features then the way it aesthetically looks. It is just like work vans compared to the vans for family use.