Good Security Recording VIEWING software?

Reaction score
My home camera records continuously in small, five minute videos. Each day I end up with hundreds of little videos, but I must view them all for anomalous activity.

I don't want to have to manually open each AVI or MP4 video one by one to view through it.

Is there any good software for being able to quickly speed-view through multiple videos files at once?

In the past, I have been taking all the MP4 files and combining them into one, eight hour video, then loading the video into QuickTime and then scrolling through all 8 hours in a few seconds. But it's just too cumbersome to have to do this on a daily basis!

Any suggestions (especially for Mac) greatly appreciated!

Dingoboy

n3wb
Reaction score
My home camera records continuously in small, five minute videos. Each day I end up with hundreds of little videos, but I must view them all for anomalous activity.

I don't want to have to manually open each AVI or MP4 video one by one to view through it.

Is there any good software for being able to quickly speed-view through multiple videos files at once?

In the past, I have been taking all the MP4 files and combining them into one, eight hour video, then loading the video into QuickTime and then scrolling through all 8 hours in a few seconds. But it's just too cumbersome to have to do this on a daily basis!

Any suggestions (especially for Mac) greatly appreciated!
One program that I use is VS Player. It would still be a little cumbersome, but you would be able to view them all consecutively by just dragging them to a playlist. VS Player also gives you the option of merging all of the files into one file, but this would end up meeting your cumbersome quota for the day. Honestly and unfortunately, I think the best option is the purchase of a camera that doesn't limit its recording to 5 minute clips unless you are good at writing code and can automate the file merge process.