Good indoor 3-axis domes?

TiChucker

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm helping to plan an upgrade to the surveillance system at work, and my boss really prefers the look of dome cameras. We need wall mount them in several locations, hence the 3-axis requirement.

Main needs:

• Dome format, good styling, preferably avoiding "dongle" type connectors which will be more difficult to conceal in some locations.
  • 2 - 3 MP (Only recording at 1080p)
  • POE
  • 3-axis (pan/tilt/rotate)
  • U.S. sourced, I really don't want to deal with greymarket imports or Chinese firmware.
  • Around $200/camera or less

Thanks!

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

TiChucker

n3wb
Reaction score
By "dongle type" I meant this:
Capture.JPG

Where the female RJ-45 is pigtailed. I have some Geovision 2-axis IP67 cameras currently that have the RJ-45 internal to their diecast aluminum enclosure and much prefer this style of connection, even though it requires re-terminating the cable after the camera is installed. Dongles are not a deal breaker though...

Thanks for the pointer on that first camera though, looks like it may fit the bill. I've previously stayed away from Hik due to the issues with weird sellers and weird firmware, does going through a US distributor avoid these pitfalls?

Thank you for the response

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
That Hikvision has a pigtail. So does the Dahua but you can hide it in the base.

I have Hikvision (more than one install too!) and I'm going to stop buying anymore Hikvision. Their technical support is a joke (here is 100x better) and their customer service treat you with such contempt that you would think they are taught to treat customers like criminals.

Going through a good seller like Nelly's helps. As far as I'm concerned with all things nowadays, it's the seller I have a relationship with, not the manufacturer.

Next install a friend or family needs is either Dahua or one of the other up-and-coming makes discovered on here.