Good Camera that doesnt need to be low light @ $60

adamdylan

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi Guys :)

I am a DLLL (Dahua low light lover) but this time I don't need low light as there is good street lighting

Can anyone recommend a good outside cam @ $60-80 and tell me what to look for / is it mainly just MP I need to consider?

Please see attached a pic with my Dahua 4mp IPC-HDW2431T-AS-S2 4MP cost me £40 ish

(I just held up to the window There are no dark areas where it will be situ)

Thanks for responding....

Attachments

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Have a look in this thread -

Less expensive models -

adamdylan

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What's wrong with the 2431 for you? good low-light capability translates into generally better images in all light, IMO.
Hey thanks for your reply So are you saying there are no 8MP 4k cams significantly better than my Dahua 4mp?

adamdylan

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Have a look in this thread -

Less expensive models -
Thanks Sebastian for your reply on that thread would you agree is 8mp non low light is significantly better than 4mp low light????

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Under some circumstances it may be, but at this point in time, in terms of technology, I'd stick with a 2MP most of the time especially in lower end cameras. Keep in mind the sensor in terms of both size and quality in cameras in this price range are not optimal to begin with.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
As of right now, It is simple LOL - do not buy a 4MP camera that is anything other than a 1/1.8" sensor. Do not buy a 2MP camera that is anything other than a 1/2.8" sensor. Do not buy into the 4K hype. Soon we will hopefully see some larger sensors that can truly carry an 8MP on it, but we are not quite there yet.

The lower end cameras will use even smaller sensors like try to cram an 8MP or 4MP on a 1/3" sensor and a 2MP on the same size sensor will kick it's butt all night long.

Keep in mind, these are fractions, so 1/3" is not larger than a 1/2.8" or 1/1.8" sensor. Many people mistake it thinking 1/3" is the largest of those three.