Going full screen to a Camera Group at login

kmccb

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Is there anyway to have BI go fullscreen after logging in? I'm setting up a kiosk machine and have it auto logging into windows and then opening edge and going to BI login page, and it also logs in automatically there.. However, then the UI displays and I have to click the fullscreen button.. I need it to go fullscreen unattended as this is in a plant where users won't have access to the machine.
Thanks for any help!

kmccb

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thank you for the reply.. I've combed the UI settings numerous times and don't see any such option..

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
From the UI3 help.
Note that UI3 cannot automatically full-screen itself due to security protections imposed by web browsers.
Please do a web search for how to open your favorite browser in full-screen or kiosk mode.

kmccb

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks again for the reply.. Maybe there is some confusion.. I actually have Edge opening in full screen.. What I need is for BI/UI3 to open the camera full screen (without having to click the button shown below bottom right)..

1678740393215.png

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is there anyway to have BI go fullscreen after logging in? I'm setting up a kiosk machine and have it auto logging into windows and then opening edge and going to BI login page, and it also logs in automatically there.. However, then the UI displays and I have to click the fullscreen button.. I need it to go fullscreen unattended as this is in a plant where users won't have access to the machine.
Thanks for any help!
As pointed out by @actran , @looney2ns and in UI3's "Help", here's an example, just plug in your IP or hostname, port, username and password:
Code:
http://BI-Server-IP:BI-Server-port/ui3.htm?&maximize=1&user=Your-username&pw=Your-password
NOTE: In order to embed the credentials in the URL as above, you must have "use secure session keys and login page" UNchecked under BI's "settings" => Web Server" => "Advanced"

Reaction score
I can confirm that this works. Full screen and no left or right bar. This is the shortcut I use.

"C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" --start-fullscreen 192.168.0.10:81/ui3.htm?maximize=1

42A490CF-1A99-4393-A817-F8061D6EF583.jpeg

kmccb

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks a lot for the help everyone! Super appreciate it!

kmccb

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
That works for the full screen, thanks again.. However, It's not automatically logging in even though I enter my creds and tick the "Log in automatically" box.. Do I have to do below for auto login? Thanks again.

"http://BI-Server-IP:BI-Server-port/ui3.htm?&maximize=1&user=Your-username&pw=Your-password
NOTE: In order to embed the credentials in the URL as above, you must have "use secure session keys and login page" UNchecked under BI's "settings" => Web Server" => "Advanced" "