Gmail problems - not a secure app

rightkick

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
From gmail -

Hi Dude,
Someone just tried to sign in to your Google Account XXXXXXXXX@gmail.com from an app that doesn't meet modern security standards.

BI test

Proceeding
Connected
Error with user authentication

I don't have two layer authentication turned on.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

rightkick

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thank you fenderman. If I may ask a another ? maybe 2

I have SMS alerts setup and the test works but I don't get a notification during movement.

Screen Shot 2016-04-19 at 5.29.30 PM.png

Also, does this work when traveling abroad?

If I could get my push notifications to work I wouldn't worry about it but at least I got the test to work with SMS.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you fenderman. If I may ask a another ? maybe 2

I have SMS alerts setup and the test works but I don't get a notification during movement.

View attachment 10074

Also, does this work when traveling abroad?

If I could get my push notifications to work I wouldn't worry about it but at least I got the test to work with SMS.
If you are attaching an image make sure you select your carrier with the mms option...
push notifications are much faster though..

rightkick

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If you are attaching an image make sure you select your carrier with the mms option...
push notifications are much faster though..
I got the SMS to work but now working on push notifications. I have enabled my ipad and iphone under options -> mobile devices, under the options -> user tab I'm not quite sure what to enable/verify per "insure it's also enabled for the user account that has most recently used each device"

I also don't see any option under the app on my phone to enable push notification.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I got the SMS to work but now working on push notifications. I have enabled my ipad and iphone under options -> mobile devices, under the options -> user tab I'm not quite sure what to enable/verify per "insure it's also enabled for the user account that has most recently used each device"

I also don't see any option under the app on my phone to enable push notification.
this is done in blue iris options>mobile devices

rightkick

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
make sure push is enabled for the user name you are using as well. double click on the user name to bring up settings
That's where I'm having problems. I'm not sure what to click on. I checked the box with the squiggle line and did a test with that too but the same results. Test sent to 0 devices.

Screen Shot 2016-04-19 at 6.40.59 PM.png

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
No sir, same results.
last thing i could think of is disable the firewall for testing..also, When you install the ios app you need to allow it to accept the push notifications...you may be able to change the permissions after the fact as well...otherwise email support with the images you have provided.

rightkick

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
last thing i could think of is disable the firewall for testing..also, When you install the ios app you need to allow it to accept the push notifications...you may be able to change the permissions after the fact as well...otherwise email support with the images you have provided.
Thank you very much for assisting to try and get this working. I reinstalled my iOS app and allowed notifications which didn't help. I verified all settings in iOS for BI are allowed.

I will work on the firewall troubleshooting tomorrow. I figured I'd get an error of some sort if notifications were being blocked.

Thanks again ago. At least I'm getting texts now.

rightkick

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I figured it out and thought I'd let you know.

I installed the app on my iPad and iPhone, put my iPad away and have been testing with my phone. I did not allow notifications in my iPad but did on my phone. I just tried testing with my iPad (enabled notifications) and it starting working on both devices.

Oh, do snapshots not come with push notifications?