GMAIL Failure? Anyone Else?

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Same here this morning

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I mean it's Hikvision NVR talking to Gmail that's the issue. Obviously Gmail is still workin otherwise twitter would be exploding.

Gmail have changed something is what I mean. Maybe they don't want us all using up GBs of space for CCTV photo storage only?

Gribeiro

n3wb
Reaction score
Dont know, but i tried hotmail and it failed too. Only my personal domain with non SSL settings worked on Hikvision lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Gribeiro

n3wb
Reaction score
Yep its the same, i just tried to get some conclusion. Im already 2days without gmail on Hikvision, at least i found a solution for this problem. Hope gmail starts to work again soon, i already sent an email to Hikvision but probably they will not reply as the problem is not "related" with them, lets see.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I tried before but couldn't get yahoo or hotmail to work

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yep its the same, i just tried to get some conclusion. Im already 2days without gmail on Hikvision, at least i found a solution for this problem. Hope gmail starts to work again soon, i already sent an email to Hikvision but probably they will not reply as the problem is not "related" with them, lets see.
Yeah, our firmware is rubbish and doesn't work with so many e-mail clients. Not our fault. Well at least you'll get a reply!

horseflesh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My gmail did die about a week ago, but I got it working again with some voodoo... logging in, turning email off/on in the NVR, re-testing in NVR.

As of today, it is still working. But they certainly could be rolling out changes that hurt us...

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Actually, nevermind, it appears to work this morning, although overnight (Since 11pm to 6 am) I did not have a single notification (I normally have a few with false alarms with motion lights) that's why I assumed it stopped working

sydownes

n3wb
Reaction score
I just changed smtp.gmail.com to the corresponding IP address (74.125.68.108) and the test email works?

RBW

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My Gmail stopped working yesterday :-(

Previously a reboot was enough to get it starting again but not this time! Snapshots were a great feature. Hope it works again soon.

aster1x

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hah. So the DNS resolution broke? That is so strange!
I do not believe it has to do with DNS. If you telnet to the camera or NVR the command ping smtp.gmail.com resolves properly the domain name and the server replies.
It must be something with the security protocols as @bp2008 mentioned above.
If the replacement of the smtp name with the IP makes the email work, that means that Google may have not deployed the new security measures on that IP smtp server YET.
The forum members who used the IP, please report back if and when their mail stops to work.

aster1x

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
On a 2CD2332 camera, I have tried to use emails accounts in gmail.com, fastmail.com, yahoo.com, outlook.com and all of them fail the test and fail to send emails. So is the SSL protocol being banned from all the providers?

Has anyone succeeded in sending emails from the camera (or the NVR) from any of the above providers?

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Got an e-mail from supplier last night saying to use 74.125.68.108 or 74.125.68.109 temporarily for Gmail.

Yahoo, Outlook and Hotmail have never worked. It's Hikvision crappy firmware stopping them from working because your 3rd party phone apps have no trouble. Will test Sister's Dahua NVR when I go round next.

aster1x

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Great, both IPs of gmail at port 465 work OK from the camera. Now waiting to confirm with the NVR.
Thanks.

----EDIT The NVR email now also works OK with the fixed IP.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Great, both IPs of gmail at port 465 work OK from the camera. Now waiting to confirm with the NVR.
Thanks.

----EDIT The NVR email now also works OK with the fixed IP.
Great news, mine works too. If the supplier e-mail out about a permanent fix then I will post on here for all!