Giving bad people good ideas?

SquareEyes

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This is an enthusiast forum for low budget IPTV solutions.

If IPTV is your first line of defense you are doing it wrong.

In another thread someone raised a National Security agency as an example. Guess what, any secure facility has multiple lines of defense before an intruder is even a pixel on the best cams money can buy.

Think strategically.

Greetings from "whitelandia"

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Who said anything about cameras being the first line of defense?
The systems that folks on this forum setup are superior to professionally Installed systems that cost 10 times as much...

SquareEyes

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Who said anything about cameras being the first line of defense?
Your forum, your rules.

There are/were some great people here with holistic approaches to security. Would like to see more of it.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Your forum, your rules.

There are/were some great people here with holistic approaches to security. Would like to see more of it.
There are no rules. There is a security alarm section...feel free to post. You are making assumptions about others not using alarms or quality locks.

SquareEyes

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
OK

Alarms and locks are tertiary security. I make no assumptions regarding security. Assume the worst, hope for the best.

The biggest assumption is that I am in "whitelandia". Check my IP and you will see that I am usually in the third world and have had to go hand to hand with a burglar in the middle of the night and survived without a gun. I am not afraid.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
OK

Alarms and locks are tertiary security. I make no assumptions regarding security. Assume the worst, hope for the best.

The biggest assumption is that I am in "whitelandia". Check my IP and you will see that I am usually in the third world and have had to go hand to hand with a burglar in the middle of the night and survived without a gun. I am not afraid.
Good for you. Dont tell the rest of us what to do. Nonsense thread and post.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
My dad's bigger than your dad...

All the regulars here know that first upgrade is your locks. That's what's keeping people out. Decent CCTV is a great deterrent and also provides evidence should the worse happen too.

SquareEyes

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
There is a distinct advantage of deploying CCTV in countries where the locals don't realise that a hat/ hoodie / or T-shirt can defeat our systems.

JimandYen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Cameras, Alarms, Dogs, Smith & Wesson, etc. Pretty good systems I think..

FrankOceanXray

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
SquareEyes . You are a real class act. I haven't been here long but you are definitely the coolest guy around.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
There is a distinct advantage of deploying CCTV in countries where the locals don't realise that a hat/ hoodie / or T-shirt can defeat our systems.
Have you watched surveillance footage on youtube?...most of the time the subject is not masked. Placing a mask on before entry makes the criminal more obvious to a bystander or store employee....You can further use cameras and/or external pir/sensors to generate alerts and notify you when someone suspicious is at the exterior, well before entry.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
SquareEyes . You are a real class act. I haven't been here long but you are definitely the coolest guy around.
He may be Frank, but he also sounds like he's presently focused on spouting Ninja bullshit. Next thing we're going to hear him say is "Be polite. Be professional. But have a plan to kill everyone you meet." Then it'll be the "Sheeple, Wolves and Sheepdogs" lecture followed by a "run to the sound of gunfire" quotation tossed in for extra Ninja goodness.

EyePeeKamz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
...holistic approaches to security.
Is that like the time my girlfriend switched to aromatherapy candle birth control?? cause that shit didn't work at all.

Think strategically.
I make no assumptions regarding security.
Assume the worst, hope for the best.
At the end of the day, it is what it is. <--- Am I doing this right?

Wait.............. So you AREN'T in whitelandia? This changes everything.

Amazing. Could you explain how magnets work while you're blessing us with your presence?

FrankOceanXray

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
He may be Frank, but he also sounds like he's presently focused on spouting Ninja bullshit. Next thing we're going to hear him say is "Be polite. Be professional. But have a plan to kill everyone you meet." Then it'll be the "Sheeple, Wolves and Sheepdogs" lecture followed by a "run to the sound of gunfire" quotation tossed in for extra Ninja goodness.
Ninja bullshit? Who is telling war stories of hand to hand combat in third world countries, or dazzling us with a show of bladed instruments?

Keep talking. You will only bolster my claim.

FrankOceanXray

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
OK

Saving this. I really get tingly about this one

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
ah I finally found the party thread; now dont bogart that shit, pass it over here..