Getting alerts while sleeping... looking for ideas

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I noticed this post on the BI website: Apple Push 2021 - Blue Iris Software

Hopefully these are the changes to support critical alerts.
Unfortunately it's not...

5.3.9.10 - February 23, 2021
Updated Apple push notification service which will expire February 28, 2021; use this
version or newer for uninterrupted push notifications from the iOS app. The new expiration
is March 25, 2022.

aesterling

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Unfortunately it's not...

5.3.9.10 - February 23, 2021
Updated Apple push notification service which will expire February 28, 2021; use this
version or newer for uninterrupted push notifications from the iOS app. The new expiration
is March 25, 2022.
Ha, wishful thinking. Hopefully someday...

RoelP

n3wb
Reaction score
I'd like to hear from some of you who may have found a way to receive alerts from Blue Iris overnight while sleeping.

Now that I have AI working with Deepstack, I would like to send notifications to my iPhone and Apple Watch while sleeping if a person is detected outside my home. The reason I'm asking this question is because, I would like to leave the Do Not Disturb feature active, but still get notifications only from Blue Iris.

Just looking for ideas to try and I have also emailed Ken and asked if he wouldn't mind checking into getting Blue Iris approved to send "Critical Updates". If Blue Iris can be approved, then I could set Blue Iris to override the Do Not Disturb feature.

Thanks!
I noticed today that Blueiris has the critical alert feature switched on on IOS.
Not sure if it's a recent change or not - but it works well.
Thanks Ken & team!

Here's where to switch the feature on per cam.

1616100024361.png

aesterling

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It's a great addition! I hope in the future there will be more control to specify when to send a critical alert vs a normal alert.

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
It's a great addition! I hope in the future there will be more control to specify when to send a critical alert vs a normal alert.
I'm using a separate profile to designate when critical alerts are sent.

aesterling

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm using a separate profile to designate when critical alerts are sent.
Thanks, @105437

I'm hoping to specify criteria like: only send as a critical alert when AI detects a human in the yard (>70% confidence) between midnight at 5 am, otherwise send as a standard alert. Not sure if that's currently possible?

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Thanks, @105437

I'm hoping to specify criteria like: only send as a critical alert when AI detects a human in the yard (>70% confidence) between midnight at 5 am, otherwise send as a standard alert. Not sure if that's currently possible?
I have 11 cameras configured in BI. I have a clone for each of those cameras to handle the alerting of triggers initiated by AI Tool. Are use a separate profile schedule for the cloned cameras. Profile 1 handles daytime hours from 8 AM to 7 PM. I then use another profile that is in effect from 7 PM to 8 AM. The alerts for Profile 1 are standard, the alerts for the other profile are set to critical. I'm only detecting humans and vehicles with AI Tool.

dudemaar

Known around here
Reaction score
for some reason when i have the blue iris app (iphone) open in the fore ground looking at myself on camera, I do see the AI alerts populating on the app in real time, but no actual sound or pop up notification from my iphone. same when app is in the back ground in my pocket or on my night stand dont get nothing for notifications. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? any help here would be appreciated. Thanks