GetEvents error / "Events: subscription 8000ffff"

J C

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello Experts

I started getting this error today on all 5 cameras...anyone know why?? Something to do with DST maybe? I did change the time in each cameras' setting but still getting the error.
Onvif triggering is not working on 3 cameras.

Thank you

Attachments

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yep, I had the same error this morning, but only on one camera. ONVIF app, showed the same error on that one camera, and showed it was something to do with time.
But the only solution was to do as @wittaj described above.

J C

n3wb
Reaction score
In the camera GUI, Under Network > Access Platform, turn onvif authenticator off.
Thank you! That was it...

Just curious...what's the reason? Did 5.8.8.3(3/7/2024) change something?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It is an issue where the camera and BI are having "handshake" issues and thinks that there is a problem, when there isn't (usually). It is an annoying issue, but not causing any issues other than we don't like seeing that error message LOL.

We usually see this come up when someone updates BI and it was fine on a previous version but has issues on a newer version.

And sometimes they just pop up, usually if a camera rebooted or temporarily lost connection with BI.

Reactions: J C

rdxny

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I had many "Events: Request 8000ffff" at 3am also, on many cameras, but all have onvif authenticator: OFF (but I do have "get Onvif trigger events" checked ON as I do use the camera's IVS). Recordings were not impacted.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
From what I remember about this issue it had to do with a mismatch between the authentication request time and what the camera evaluated time was taking into account time zone settings.

I also had a similar issue way back when and disabled authentication in the cam itself as my cams are on their own separate network.

Cor K Dikland

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
:)Found it. I was looking for "Platform Access" not "Access Platform". This old man's eyes couldn't distinguish the difference :oops:

Vini

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
In the camera GUI, Under Network > Access Platform, turn onvif authenticator off.
This is obviously Camera brand specific, as there's nothing for auth with ReoLink.

Will flag to Ken/BI Support.

Meanwhile, I have Disabled "Auto Refresh" within Onvif commands within the BI GUI, just in case. Hoping itll get the commands one time, and not keep hammering it as such to cause the error.

Last edited:

Vini

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Auto Refresh did nothing, so I checked my logs. Found the date the problem started, which was around 3rd March.

Have gone back to 5.8.7.5, a version from Mid Feb, to see if that helps.

Cor K Dikland

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Auto Refresh did nothing, so I checked my logs. Found the date the problem started, which was around 3rd March.

Have gone back to 5.8.7.5, a version from Mid Feb, to see if that helps.
My problem started Mar 3 after 2AM the same time as the DST time change when we set the clock 1 hour ahead. Coincidence???

Vini

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I mean, it’s an observation. But our clocks didn’t change in the UK though…

Vini

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Rolling back hasn’t seem to have helped… :(

Will have to wait for Support to get back to me.

J C

n3wb
Reaction score
He's just gonna tell you to reset your cameras.