Geovision cams on LTS LTN8708-P8 NVR possible?

Ion Barker

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I know the LTS and Hik NVR's support 3rd party cameras, just curious if anyone has had Geovision cams working on them before? I had some GV cams working with Blue Iris but not a solid stable connection.

I am looking to update our current system to LTS cams but not all at the same time.

Here are some of the GV cams I would be looking to connect to.
BX120
BX140W
BL120
MFD130
VD120

Thanks!

copex

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
if the cameras and NVR support ONVIF they will connect. depending on what version of onvif is supported depends on what features will work. the most basic support will be constant recording.

the geoviion camera i have only supports onvif profile s, connected to my hikvison NVR i have no control of the camera from the NVR i can view and record. you may be better using GV-VMS on GV-NVR software available for free

Ion Barker

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Right now that is the only option I see... constant recording or nothing. I have been getting some decent results with motion recording via Blue Iris and the GV cams. I have also played with the new GV-VMS v14 and it looks alot nicer than the older NVR but $50 / camera to add Hik cams. Right now BI is starting to look like the best bet. May need to upgrade my i7-2600 once I have 24 cams running under BI.