Geofencing reaction times slow - what to test more?

Plarsson

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi,

I have tried geofencing with my android phone and setting different schedules with it. I have tried two different ways
1. Using "Optimized battery" or "High performance" on my phone. Works OK, it doesnt react directly when entering/exiting my geofence, so I get some false alarms.
2. Adding an app to lock gps,i.e., always have gps on locked to in my case 25-35 satellites. No false alarms at all. However, the app drains my battery, say 30% per day.

I have done all checks I can find on making the location of my phone better, e.g. using wifi, flushing a-gps data, etc.

Is there anything else one can do that doesnt drain my battery? I really like the geofencing mechanism.

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
1. You can try to turn off ‘Optimized battery usage’ for just the Blue Iris app. Here’s a link for an example on how to accomplish this (depending on your phone’s model, the UI and steps may not be exactly the same).

(BTW, I just reviewed this setting on my phone, and surprisingly discovered Blue Iris has been running ’Optimized’ and my BI geofence has been working lately. So YMMV.)

2. You can try cleaning then resetting your existing Blue Iris geofences. The link below describes a step-by-step process that pretty much describes what I do...

BTW, to do step 1,
a) touch the 3-bar menu icon (top left) > Information > ‘Reset Geofences’ AND
b) 3-bar menu > Settings > ‘Geofence radius’ > Off

I’ve found it helpful to repeat these steps on those occasions when my Android BI app geofence stops working.

Last edited:

Plarsson

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
1. You can try to turn off ‘Optimized battery usage’ for just the Blue Iris app. Here’s a link for an example on how to accomplish this (depending on your phone’s model, the UI and steps may not be exactly the same).

(BTW, I just reviewed this setting on my phone, and surprisingly discovered Blue Iris has been running ’Optimized’ and my BI geofence has been working lately. So YMMV.)

2. You can try cleaning then resetting your existing Blue Iris geofences. The link below describes a step-by-step process that pretty much describes what I do...

BTW, to do step 1, touch the 3-bar menu icon (top left) > Information > ‘Reset Geofences’

I’ve found it helpful to repeat these steps on those occasions when my Android BI app geofence stops working.
Great, thanks! Already did 1, but I'll give 2 a try!