Generic 'Can't reach page' error when trying to log into camera

foghat

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey all,

I have 3 Dahua cameras connected to a dahua nvr (NVR5232-16p-4ks2e) - all of them are working fine and the feed can be viewed via web browser or via SmartPss. Have had things up and running for a number of years now.

However, when I try to log into one of my cameras via the IE icon on Camera page of the Dahua web service/console, I get a generic browser error:

'Hmmm...can't reach this page.
It looks like the webpage at might be having issues, or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

I can log into the other two camera's fine. They have the same ip address with ports 10081 and 10082.

I was able to log into the problem camera fine in the past - but it has been at least a year since I last tried.

I have tried rebooting the camera by unplugging it from the nvr.

Any thoughts? Is there a way to confirm what port is tied to the camera?

I am looking to update an IVS rule on the camera - is there a way to do this via SmartPSS?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Chrome, Edge, and Firefox block port 10080 by default since IIRC, 2020. Use IE11 to access the cams; if Chrome or Edge or FF is your default browser you may have to change your Windows default browser (temporarily) to IE if you're clicking on the "e " in the NVR's interface.

Or "fix" Chrome or FF as here ==>> ERR UNSAFE PORT problem in Chrome and Firefox Fix