General question about chinese ip camera module. Help, please!

Reaction score
There is a chinese ip camera (without documentation). I could get and change settings on the camera web-interface.
I have a task to develop software for this camera (needed own software with own user interface and full access to the hardware).
I have several questions:
a) How I can start develop for this camera? Where to begin?
b) I found buildroot, can i use it for develop? (needed full control, so may be i'll must create firmware for this camera).
c) Telnet is disabled, how I can to get access to modyfied hardware? May be USB/UART can to help me? How may understand where is USB/UART pins (module without circuit diagram).

Chip: Hisilicon 3518e, Image sensor: AR0130.

I hope, that you help to me, or bring me on the necessary thought.
HTB1DO9LKVXXXXaQXFXXq6xXFXXXt.jpgHTB1tbyGKVXXXXb1XVXXq6xXFXXXA.jpg

Dodutils

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
There is a chinese ip camera (without documentation). I could get and change settings on the camera web-interface.
I have a task to develop software for this camera (needed own software with own user interface and full access to the hardware).
I have several questions:
a) How I can start develop for this camera? Where to begin?
b) I found buildroot, can i use it for develop? (needed full control, so may be i'll must create firmware for this camera).
c) Telnet is disabled, how I can to get access to modyfied hardware? May be USB/UART can to help me? How may understand where is USB/UART pins (module without circuit diagram).

Chip: Hisilicon 3518e, Image sensor: AR0130.

I hope, that you help to me, or bring me on the necessary thought.
View attachment 11950View attachment 11951
First you'll have to get SDK for Hi3518E chipset, then you'll have to find which memory chipset/size is on board, then you'll have also to find what kind of "extras" this camera have (I/O pins, SDCard interface..) so you can access them with your own development.

What is displayed firmware version ?

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have a similar need for an ambarella camera SL255M with IMX124 sensor. Any place I can get or buy Ambarella linux firmware source?

Dodutils

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
WHy not
I have a similar need for an ambarella camera SL255M with IMX124 sensor. Any place I can get or buy Ambarella linux firmware source?
Why not ask Ambarella ? they also have a full Evalutaion Dev Kit that inlcude Linux Kernel and toolchain

Last edited:
Reaction score
No. I will try that. Once I get the software working the way I want, how do I build a production camera? Anyone has any experience doing that?

I don't mind another board such as Hisilicon either.