General App question

born2ride

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am looking to let people view certain camera's via iphone,pad,pod. what is the easiest way to accomplish this?

born2ride

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
what app is best , but does not allow access to bi commands?

you lost me on camera groups

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
what app is best , but does not allow access to bi commands?

you lost me on camera groups
Use the blue iris app...On the blue iris server you can place the cameras in predefined groups and only allow users access to specific groups

lojix

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just started using the Blue Iris IOS app and it was worth every cent! It's easily the best IOS cam management app I have used, using it in conjunction with the server of course. If you have an iDevice and use the Blue Iris PC software, you are selling yourself short if you don't have the Blue Iris IOS app.

:cool: Five Stars

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
the blue Iris program server portion is what you are referring too
You set the groups on the pc server....they can use the blue iris app...you can also use something free like ipcamviewer by robert chou but they will not have access to recorded video..

born2ride

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
but they will not have access to recorded video..
That wont be and issue , we are just trying to let them view there animals

- - - Updated - - -

I just started using the Blue Iris IOS app and it was worth every cent! It's easily the best IOS cam management app I have used, using it in conjunction with the server of course. If you have an iDevice and use the Blue Iris PC software, you are selling yourself short if you don't have the Blue Iris IOS app.

:cool: Five Stars
I need the " guide for dummies"

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
That wont be and issue , we are just trying to let them view there animals
The setup each camera in a group and give each use access to a single group...they can use ipcameviewer for free.

lojix

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I need the " guide for dummies"
As fenderman has suggested, ipcamviewer is a good option. I used this app previously with a DVR setup and for a free app, it's great value. Setting up the user groups in Blue Iris, means connections are independent of the mobile client app you use. When a user connects, it is their credentials that determine their access permissions.

born2ride

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you I just bought app!

Edit! IS the a set up guide or can you walk me though?
Local server address?
external address?

user id?
password ? I don t recall setting any

Update. I am in web server on BI found Local and external Ip. I did port forward router using Http .

will comcast ip address keep changing on me?

Last edited:

lojix

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
will comcast ip address keep changing on me?
Do you have a statically assigned IP address or is it dynamic? ...You may need to call Comcast to find out.

If you have a Dynamic IP address you can use a service like NoIP to assign a domain name to your dynamic IP address. This will allow you to always connect to your external gateway regardless of IP address changes from your provider.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Is an app really necessary? Would it not suffice to simply give people a link to the web interface?

born2ride

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is an app really necessary? Would it not suffice to simply give people a link to the web interface?
Can you explain in layman's terms?

Update : I could not get it to work last night due to inverting two numbers! I saw that just now. App is working now.

Spoke too soon , disabled wifi on phone unable to connect.

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
you are not properly port forwarding the webserver port...post screenshots of your webserver tab (redact the external ip address only) and screenshots of your routers port forward settings.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Your port range should be 81...that local ip looks weird..its should be the local ip address of your blue iris machine..not your external ip address..
Post an image of your webserver tab.

born2ride

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I set port range from 80 to 81. Local to 81. Used corrected ip's. Applied and rebooted router. Testing now

born2ride

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sorry for delay . Question on app set up . If I select sever HTTPS no connection at all . If I uncheck box I can connect. How come?