Gah.....I'm lost !!

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What’s Costco’s return policy on electronics?

Costco updated its return policy in 2007 to be a bit more specific on certain items to curb abuse. In reference to electronic items, Costco now says these may only be returned within ninety days from the date of purchase. All other non-electronic items, however, are still under the umbrella of Costco’s generous allowance for returns
This is incorrect information James. Only named electronics are limited to 90-days...

https://customerservice.costco.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1191

What is Costco's return policy?

On Merchandise: We guarantee your satisfaction on every product we sell, and will refund your purchase price, with the following exceptions:

• Electronics: Costco will accept returns within 90 days (from the date the member received the merchandise) for Televisions, Tuner-Free Displays, Projectors, Major Appliances, Computers, Touchscreen Tablets, Cameras, Camcorders, MP3 players and Cellular Phones.

Before you tell me "cameras" are on the above list, be advised that Costco's IP cameras fall under Electronics > "Security & Surveillance" and not Electronics > "Cameras & Camcorders."

Erics

n3wb
Reaction score
This is incorrect information James. Only named electronics are limited to 90-days...

https://customerservice.costco.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1191

What is Costco's return policy?

On Merchandise: We guarantee your satisfaction on every product we sell, and will refund your purchase price, with the following exceptions:

• Electronics: Costco will accept returns within 90 days (from the date the member received the merchandise) for Televisions, Tuner-Free Displays, Projectors, Major Appliances, Computers, Touchscreen Tablets, Cameras, Camcorders, MP3 players and Cellular Phones.

Before you tell me "cameras" are on the above list, be advised that Costco's IP cameras fall under Electronics > "Security & Surveillance" and not Electronics > "Cameras & Camcorders."
I've gone through 3 costco systems over the last several years. All of them were Q-See. They worked pretty good for a while. Then random resetting, hdd failure, and the most annoying is that the Iphone/Ipad App is intermittent. Sometimes it works sometimes it just wont connect. This is happening with my fairly expensive Q-See system. Which is why I'm here. Im in the process of building a Blue Iris system. I'm hoping that it will be more reliable.

I will say an all-in-one kit is appealing for ease of setup. but not if they need to be replaced every few years.

Erics

n3wb
Reaction score
I also use a powerline adapter and it works amazingly well. I highly recommend them. But my new system will have a poe switch since i will have multiple cameras at that location

PSPCommOp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
There is one spot that is not easy to run a wire to.
Aside from using wirless cameras with AC power, are there any options?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DPKFGJC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I've just purchased these to help with mine. Not gonna lie, wiring is a bitch but it was worth it over running the AC wires along with the Ethernet cable. Thats the beauty of PoE, one wire is better then 2. Some wifi cameras can be charged but I'd rather not have to keep going and pulling them down to recharge when they die. Plus the bandwidth bog on my system turned me off from that idea as well.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

james99

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've gone through 3 costco systems over the last several years. All of them were Q-See. They worked pretty good for a while. Then random resetting, hdd failure, and the most annoying is that the Iphone/Ipad App is intermittent. Sometimes it works sometimes it just wont connect. This is happening with my fairly expensive Q-See system. Which is why I'm here. Im in the process of building a Blue Iris system. I'm hoping that it will be more reliable.

I will say an all-in-one kit is appealing for ease of setup. but not if they need to be replaced every few years.
from email; (in response to Costco return policy)

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

james99

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No, that is correct information. Please see my response above with the Costco attachment. This is direct from Costco. I will rely on their response. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
No, that is correct information. Please see my response above with the Costco attachment. This is direct from Costco. I will rely on their response. Thanks.
She's wrong; I have been given incorrect information from Costco level 1 customer service reps in the past and you have been given incorrect information from Costco level 1 customer service rep. If it was a "grammatical error" sometime over the past EIGHT YEARS it would have been corrected. In addition, if they were to publish incorrect information then they would have to honor that information until it was corrected. It's Costco, not some seedy eBay seller.

JBoyle

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey Mutton,
I'm gonna tag along here. I just finished uninstalling an Amcrest system just before my 30 day return window ran out. I had it running for only 2 weeks and two cameras failed. Tech support tried but couldn't fix it and I've still yet to hear back from my rma request. The next system I install will be the last in this house so I'm looking for guidance.

Reaction score
Still searching....(wasn't that a song?)

I see a trend on Amazon in certain system packages. (not much good so far)
Looking for a good PoE system at the moment.