Full Video Review - Dahua SD1A203T-GN PTZ Mini Starlight

gabe323

n3wb
Reaction score
nice review!...is there a similar mini ptz with auto tracking? something like that would be ideal at a front door that locks on to a person walking towards a door and follow them right up the the door
Nothing that small or cheap.

Jagradang

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Here are some pictures, with the mount that I will be using.
Hi

Did you drill the holes then mount the bracket and then put the camera on the bracket? Thinking of doing something similar so looking for advice.

Jagradang

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Also, do PTZ cameras require any seperate cable or do they just work on the standard ethernet (poe) cable. And is there a limit to how many you can have? Looking at getting 2 connected but only have POE ethernet cables run to the point.

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
They use just an Ethernet cable. Big PTZs, need POE+ switches. I have started, with a POE+ switch to avoid any issues and upgrades later on.

Reaction score
They use just an Ethernet cable. Big PTZs, need POE+ switches. I have started, with a POE+ switch to avoid any issues and upgrades later on.
Some of the really big PTZ's may need Hi-POE, so check power requirements before you buy one of these big boys. Even some of the POE+ switches, are very marginal in actually outputting power. As evidenced by my big PTZ constantly rebooting when connected to the switch. I had to purchase an external POE+ injector before it would power up correctly.