Frozen Export

ARAMP1

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm trying to export a clip that is only a few seconds in duration and it's as if the export function freezes up on me. I've selected the specific camera I want, the date and then found the clip where the time was at. The full clip appears to be 2h and 52 m long. I moved the slider to the start point and the end point. After I clicked the box with the arrow to export, I selected a hard drive on the computer and the convert/export screen just greys out and stays there.

Frozen Export.jpg

In the record section of camera setup, I had "combine or cut video" set to 8 hours or 4GB. Maybe that is too large? I've trimmed it down to 1 hour. The computer doesn't seem to be overloaded, running 4-10% CPU during the whole process. The hard drive where the clip is stored and the hard drive I'm trying to export to are mostly empty. I'm running 5.6.7.3. I've also tried other cameras and it's the same thing, so it doesn't seem to be isolated to this one camera.

Any other ideas?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have had that happen from time to time. It will finish it, just give a few minutes.

ARAMP1

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I just downloaded a random clip to test from my 1 hour blocks and it downloaded instantly. Looks like that might have been what was causing the hangup.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Shouldn't. Probably just coincidence. I run with shorter times now but I know I did lots of exports when I had things at 8 hours. But generally shorter works better overall anyway for a variety of reasons I think.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you are recording continuous plus motion, files should be set for 1hrs. Large files use lots of resources just in handling of the files.

Reaction score
I always have trouble exporting MP4 files. It does not hang, but when I try and play them, most of the time I get an error. Usually the first 2-3 exports work, and then they don't. I end up having to export in avi format.

1673285969964.png