Frequent camera logins from BI

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
Is there any known or obvious reason why BI is logging in and out of one of my cameras every 8 seconds? It's a 5231E-Z, if that matters.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is there any known or obvious reason why BI is logging in and out of one of my cameras every 8 seconds? It's a 5231E-Z, if that matters.
Where does the indication or record of this "BI logging in" reveal itself? In a log somewhere?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
How do you know that is because of BI?

Does it do it if you disable the camera from BI?

If it is only BI maybe it is the "keep alive" function and it is constantly pinging it or the ONVIF authentication is whacked. Does it show a triangle or any error in BI?

Or maybe it is the camera trying to communicate and call home or connect to a time server.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
You have led the horse to water, and he drank.
How do I know the logins are from BI? Because I just know, of course, but to cover myself I noted that they stopped when I disabled the camera in BI.

After experimenting with a lot of BI settings the little birdie on my shoulder reminded me about the triangle question above, and sure enough, there was a yellow triangle on the camera. Jumping to the end, the camera was configured for Generic ONVIF instead of Dahua. Fixed that and the yellow triangle disappeared and the frequent logins stopped. Surely a BI bug, couldn't possibly be user error, right ;). Thank you both!!!