Frame Rate Help - Yellow

waketech

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
All,

I just downloaded the BI software and everything was looking good, I was then playing around with my image settings and then the yellow frame rate exclamation notice came up, any ideas on how to clear this ?, currently running at approx 3.1 to 3.4 fps

Last edited by a moderator:

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
I've seen that when BI is seeing lower fps than what it expects to see, is this wireless?

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I know you understand this waketeck, but posting this for the benefit of newbs (and copied out of the blue Iris help)...

There are many "indicator lights" at the right-hand side of the title bar:

• The blue circle indicates the camera is detecting motion.
  • The red triangle indicates the camera is in a triggered state.
  • The yellow circle with exclamation point indicates a warning or trouble condition. Usually this means a mismatched frame rate, but open the camera properties page for details.
  • The green circle indicates the software is playing live audio from this camera. It will turn blue when in "talk" mode for supported cameras.
  • The red circle indicates active recording is occurring. It will turn gray if recording is paused yet the file remains open.

waketech

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
All, woke up this morning and the fps is 12.5, so.....

1. Was this just because it was night time ?
2. One of the recording a car drove by and the motion blur was substantial, was this a byproduct of the camera settings or low fps ?
3. Should this value not match the setting in the camera ?

Camera is a Hikvision DS-2CD3332-I
3 MP, 4mm

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

I've seen that when BI is seeing lower fps than what it expects to see, is this wireless?
Not wireless, POE

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
All, woke up this morning and the fps is 12.5, so.....

1. Was this just because it was night time ?
2. One of the recording a car drove by and the motion blur was substantial, was this a byproduct of the camera settings or low fps ?
3. Should this value not match the setting in the camera ?

Camera is a Hikvision DS-2CD3332-I
3 MP, 4mm

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Not wireless, POE
post a screenshot of your image settings.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Your frame rate issues and blurry video are both the result of the low exposure settings..you need to set it to 1/30 not 1/3....you will also need to increase the gain..You will have to lower the wdr at night or it will be too noisy. Set noise reduction to 50-75..

waketech

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Your frame rate issues and blurry video are both the result of the low exposure settings..you need to set it to 1/30 not 1/3....you will also need to increase the gain..You will have to lower the wdr at night or it will be too noisy. Set noise reduction to 50-75..
Awesome, that got me very close to 25 fps. On a side note I have setup a mask and it still seems to trigger the camera when there are vehicles on the road, any suggestions.

MaskSetting.jpg

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Awesome, that got me very close to 25 fps. On a side note I have setup a mask and it still seems to trigger the camera when there are vehicles on the road, any suggestions.

View attachment 6201
Is that part of the road that is exposed behind the truck? post a screenshot of you motion tab settings.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes that is part of the road, I assume mask that out as well ?

View attachment 6207
Yes. You should also increase you make time to at least 0.6-.0.8....and increase you min object size and min contrast a bit...
Also consider that since storage is cheap you may want to capture street footage as it may be helpful to you at some point.