Frame Bottleneck

Cor K Dikland

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I woke up yesterday AM to find all my cameras throwing the above error. After rebooting/restarting would not solve the problem, I started disabling each camera one at the time. It appear that one and only one is causing this problem. Once problems started with this camera all cameras eventually throw this error. CPU usage doubles if not triples. The minute I disable the culprit all other cameras are fine and my CPU usage goes down back to normal (9-12% BI usage). Alternatively, disable the culprit camera then re-enable it will my temporarily fix my problem but eventually the error will re-appear bring BI to its knees.

The camera, T54IR-AS-2.8mm-S3, is not new and has been running for a little over 1 month without issues. I can't recall when I last made any setting changes to this camera either in BI or Web5 but it has not been recent. It is connected to a TP-Link 16-Port Gigabit Desktop Switch along with 8 other cameras. I have tried using another port but that made no difference

For BI, I was running version 5.8.6.7 but upgraded (5.9.0.7) when this problem started yesterday.

My plans to replace several Reolink cameras with this model are on hold as for now I am not convinced my problem isnt HW related.

Any ideas on what I should try to find a solution???

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I had a camera do that once.

I figured the firmware got corrupt and kept trying to send lost packets to the point it brought down the system.

I did the ole factory reset 3 times, reflashed firmware, factory reset 3 times and it has been fine since.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That is just the best practice that many of us have picked up over the years.

Folks that can get "under the hood" of the firmware has shown that sometimes it takes a couple of factory resets to clear out all the cobwebs.

As a matter of practice now, I factory reset 3 times every new camera I get before I benchtest it and then put into BI.

I recommend it to everyone with the new firmware as well that is using BI. We have seen many reports of people having issues with the cameras (especially the T180 for some reason) in later versions of BI that a factory reset fixes.

Last edited:

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Ive been seeing this a lot as well. Seems to happen often when you enable/disable a camera that has audio also enabled. Disabling audio seems to help. There was a thread about it a few days ago here: Having an issue with 5.9.1.0

Cor K Dikland

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ive been seeing this a lot as well. Seems to happen often when you enable/disable a camera that has audio also enabled. Disabling audio seems to help. There was a thread about it a few days ago here: Having an issue with 5.9.1.0
Huh. That is interesting. I had audio enabled via the WEB 5 interface but not within BI. It is enabled now within BI so lets see if it acts up again. Another thing to consider for anyone with similar problems is to create (I imported the settings from another camera, same model) a whole new camera within BI . For the last 6 hours, with the problem camera disabled, my new camera has not acted up once. I'll watch it for the next few days and if it acts up again I'll do the 3 x factory reset @wittaj described above

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, as much as I would love to use the copy or import feature, I have had trouble every time so I just add and build from scratch.

Cor K Dikland

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yeah, as much as I would love to use the copy or import feature, I have had trouble every time so I just add and build from scratch.
Yeah the import feature I use only as a quick and dirty way to eliminate potential HW and/or WEB 5 setting as the cause of the problem. I import a camera that I know is working without fault and only change the IP to that of the culprit camera. If everything is fine after a day or two, I do like you. Importing and then editing all the settings is no faster than starting from scratch.