Format not supported

JFire

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Trying to hook up my newly arrived dahua nvr4108p. I hook it up to an older hd TV via hdmi and it says format not supported.

The dvr works fine on my desktop monitor but it's on other side of house. I don't want to run cable inside my house. Is the TV just too old? I'd rather not have to buy anything more atm.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I hook it up to an older hd TV via hdmi and it says format not supported.
Does the web GUI have any options to set the output format / resolution of the HDMI interface?
Maybe the resolution is outside what the TV can handle, needs to be dropped down a notch or 2.
What resolution does the desktop monitor show it's using when connected, and does that match the TV capabilities?

JFire

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Does the web GUI have any options to set the output format / resolution of the HDMI interface?
Maybe the resolution is outside what the TV can handle, needs to be dropped down a notch or 2.
What resolution does the desktop monitor show it's using when connected, and does that match the TV capabilities?
Yes it does. I will try that. Thank you. Well the non Web based. I'm looking at it on pc monitor.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Your old TV is likely only 1080i or 720p and you setup your NVR to output 1080p, plug it back into a 1080p display and change the display settings.. 720p is likely the best to try.

JFire

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok that aspect is fixed. When I try to remote view is keeps looping me with installing plug in. I installed and it's still doing it. I have been able to connect via dahua android app.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
cant use chrome, they banished 3rd party plugins to hell..

JFire

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well nevermind that Microsoft edge doesn't support activex