Focus control on Dahua SD59430U-HNI

ktcanuck

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I used to use an Amcrest/Dahua profile to run said camera and it operated all functions except diagonal panning. I switched to the Generic/ONVIF profile and it seems to do everything except manual focus over ride. The Amcrest/Dahua profile is no longer there. The camera operates correctly under the camera webserver. Is the Amcrest/Dahua profile still around? I have tried every variation of focus settings I can think of to make the ONVIF profile work. Any suggestions as to what I have missed?

th182

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I used to use an Amcrest/Dahua profile to run said camera and it operated all functions except diagonal panning. I switched to the Generic/ONVIF profile and it seems to do everything except manual focus over ride. The Amcrest/Dahua profile is no longer there. The camera operates correctly under the camera webserver. Is the Amcrest/Dahua profile still around? I have tried every variation of focus settings I can think of to make the ONVIF profile work. Any suggestions as to what I have missed?
If you email support he will remote in and figure out the profile needed or create one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ktcanuck

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I will do that. Just inquiring as to whether there was something obvious.

th182

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I will do that. Just inquiring as to whether there was something obvious.
I hear ya. I was having issues with IR control on a Dahua and he did a teamviewer session one night and figured out the appropriate profile... I had missed an obvious one. Lol.

We didn’t schedule a specific time so I sent him a persistent password for teamviewer and he was in there one night while I was away. I only knew because he didn’t full-screen my cameras when he was done. I kind of wish I had been able to watch and learn as I think he used a packet capture software to figure it out.

I think he originally wanted me to port-forward the camera itself but I didn’t want to do that for an extended time period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I use the Dahua/Q-See option on my Dahua PTZs these days and all functionality works with it.

BI does have a history of screwing up the various Dahua options at random, it seems. There are a lot of Dahua options to choose from, at least. I even see Amcrest/Dahua in my dropdown list still, on BI 5.2.7.2.

ktcanuck

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I use the Dahua/Q-See option on my Dahua PTZs these days and all functionality works with it.

BI does have a history of screwing up the various Dahua options at random, it seems. There are a lot of Dahua options to choose from, at least. I even see Amcrest/Dahua in my dropdown list still, on BI 5.2.7.2.
I was on 5.2.6.5 and there was no Amcrest/Dahua option. I am updating to 5.2.7.2. I will see if it magically appears - and will look for Q-See to try. Thanks.

ktcanuck

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I was on 5.2.6.5 and there was no Amcrest/Dahua option. I am updating to 5.2.7.2. I will see if it magically appears - and will look for Q-See to try. Thanks.
Still no Amcrest/Dahua and no Dahua/Q-See. There are Amcrest options and Q-See options but none mention Dahua. How are you seeing them I wonder.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
You are probably looking in the Network IP camera configuration panel. You need to go to the PTZ/Control tab to find the dropdown of PTZ configurations.

ktcanuck

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You are probably looking in the Network IP camera configuration panel. You need to go to the PTZ/Control tab to find the dropdown of PTZ configurations.
Thank you. You are quite right!

ktcanuck

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
SOLVED. I want to thank folks here for helping me solve the issue. PTZ setting "Dahua New V4" works perfectly.