FMotion Detection with Foscam camera and Hikvision NVR

katamara

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
First post here. I have a few cheap Chinese cameras and 1 Foscam FI9803P camera. I just purchased a OEM version of a Hikvision 7616 NVR, I'm still learning how to get this NVR all set up.

One thing that is baffling me, is that I do not seem to have the check box option on the NVR to turn on motion detection for the Foscam. I have the check box on the cheap cameras, but not on the Foscam. I've tried turning on and off the motion detection on the camera itself. But neither seems to allow me to set up motion detection using the NVR. The cameras has motion detection and it has works fine. I just would like all the motion detection going thru the NVR.

Has anyone run into this before? I'm sure I'm missing something.

-edit, it seems I cant edit my title.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
The NVR simply responds to event notifications sent by the camera when taking actions such as recording.
How do you have the Foscam connected to the NVR?
ONVIF or Generic RTSP?
If ONVIF, the Foscam needs to be capable of generating ONVIF event notifications that the NVR can take action on.
It may be that the Foscam does not have this capability.
ONVIF event notifications are not the same as the more common motion detection events in these cameras. Not all ONVIF compliant cameras generate them.
You can check if they are generated by using the Windows open-source tool ONVIF Device Manager from sourceforge.net
Events, if generated, will show on the Events page.
Onvif Device Manager v2.2.250

Generic RTSP (via Custom protocol) is continuous recording only, and does not support motion events.