flux main stream

superpatpat

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
hello to all and sorry for my English I'm taking a translator, I have a little problem, I have 4 Dahua cameras installed and I'm connected in hdmi to a 43-inch tv, on the 4 cameras I can see 2 sound cams on the M stream, that is to say the main stream, but the other 2 are on S2 secondary stream and the image is not beautiful, even if I try to click on the M it always comes back to secondary stream 2, I have did a lot of test but not able to go back to main stream and have a nice image thank you for your help

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
On a camera that is not "beautiful", have you tried entering the cam's IP address into a browser and logging into the cam's embedded webGUI to see what the main stream's resolution is set to?

Compare its video configuration to another cam that is showing the better (higher) resolution for the main stream.

Or you might be able to examine that on the TV from a menu in the NVR that lists the cameras and their IP addresses by looking for a big blue "e" icon and clicking on it.

superpatpat

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
yes I have already done the test, however the main stream is set to the best I will continue my tests ;-)

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That is a budget NVR, so you are probably close to overloading the capacity of the NVR.

Drop FPS to 10FPS and resolution to 2MP to test and see if it can push that and if so, then increase until you see issues.

superpatpat

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That is a budget NVR, so you are probably close to overloading the capacity of the NVR.

Drop FPS to 10FPS and resolution to 2MP to test and see if it can push that and if so, then increase until you see issues.

you have just solved my problem you were absolutely right I have reduced the quality and the fps I will look for a better nvr have you got any models to tell me that you can advise me who will be top? once again thank you all

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Awesome. Now try upping the resolution but keep FPS at 15. That may get you by until you can decide to get something else.

Most here would recommend the 52XX series. The key is to look for bandwidth that is more than 90Mbps. Any of them that are below that have trouble with higher MP cameras

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.