'Flash' saves building from burning down

Robert G.

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Never a dull moment around here. Apartment across the street almost went up on flames today. It seems the apartment was saved by 'Flash'.

Note, I cut out a bit of the footage as it is quite slow to watch.

handinpalm

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yea, hell or high water, that guy upstairs is going home, and don't bother me with your campfire. Not to mention no one went upstairs to tell the people the building is on fire. Another great video! I am sure the grand finale video will be coming soon.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
It is that same mentality why people ignore house or car alarms going off...
People ignore these if the same alarms are going off falsely for no reason frequently and the owners do nothing about it. Where I live none of my neighbours alarms do this so if any go off a few of us will come out to check.

Robert G.

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
When the local meth unit catches on fire...
You are close. The two units above and one to the side of that apartment are all drug dealers. The one that caught fire, is not involved in the drug trade. When I saw the firetrucks I assumed it must have been one of the drug units going up in smoke. I was a bit disappointed when it was not one of the three drug units, they cause a LOT of problems for this block so having one (or all three) go up in flames would be a big improvement for this block.

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
You are close. The two units above and one to the side of that apartment are all drug dealers. The one that caught fire, is not involved in the drug trade. When I saw the firetrucks I assumed it must have been one of the drug units going up in smoke. I was a bit disappointed when it was not one of the three drug units, they cause a LOT of problems for this block so having one (or all three) go up in flames would be a big improvement for this block.
Rarely if ever do bad things happen to low life criminals. It’s like when you see a police chase on foot. No matter how long these people have been abusing their bodies with chemicals every one of them can run like an Olympian?!?

It’s probably safe to say more innocent people have bared the burden from criminal activity and the casual affect of the same.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Rarely if ever do bad things happen to low life criminals. It’s like when you see a police chase on foot. No matter how long these people have been abusing their bodies with chemicals every one of them can run like an Olympian?!?

It’s probably safe to say more innocent people have bared the burden from criminal activity and the casual affect of the same.
You forgot to add the part that they are then caught and die in police custody, but as a result of this Olympian effort and the drugs that caused the heart attack, the nation riots and the criminal is a hero and the family sues and gets millions....all before the case is ever heard and tried in court...

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
You forgot to add the part that they are then caught and die in police custody, but as a result of this Olympian effort and the drugs that caused the heart attack, the nation riots and the criminal is a hero and the family sues and gets millions....all before the case is ever heard and tried in court...
I don’t believe any of us has the ability to effect such change on a global level. But do believe each of us have the ability to treat each person with respect and decency.

I’ve taught my daughter long ago that everyone has a base level of respect which starts at their waist.

So no matter how tall, short, fat, thin, when I meet you. You’ll be treated with that basic level of respect. As with anything in life, time and experience, will increase or decrease that level of respect based on your actions & words.

These are core values people should live by while doing the same. It’s been a very long time where I have seen a person offer a firm handshake, give their word, and keeping the same.

At the end of the day man is really good at two basic things: Taking & Killing

Perhaps one day the two things man is known for is doing your very best each day, while helping one another.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So I was in my local Sams club a while back. Place was very busy. Fire alarm goes off, I don't see any smoke or flames so I head to the front door instead of an emergency exit.
On my journey there, i start hearing people saying 'What is that? I wish they would turn it off". Of course the strobes where going off as well. :wtf:
As I pass people, I start telling them that's the fire alarm, you should get out.
Most were still shopping, and paying no real attention as to what was happening.
I make it to the front door, go out, and me and only 4 others were out front because of the alarm. Out of probably 250 people in the store. :smash:
Shortly after, alarm stops and it's announced as a malfunction. Total time was probably 3-4 minutes.
Geez Louise.

Reaction score
People ignore these if the same alarms are going off falsely for no reason frequently
When I lived in Lagos Nigeria, both of the flats that we lived in had fire alarm issues. The first one on Cooper Road had so many false alarms that most of the time the building alarms were off. People were getting so shell-shocked by alarms that they would ignore them totally. Here is the typical alarm panel for one side. Not that five out of 12 apartments show a fire.

P8260036.JPG

It got so bad that I decided to wrap the alarm bell in my flat in bubble wrap so that it would not hurt your ears.

P8020238.JPG

The night before I was to move to a new building about a half mile away, the fire alarm again went off at about 3am. The guards 'investigated' the alarm and silenced it. But it went off two more times and each time the guards silenced it. They finally turned the system off. Well at about 6am one of the guards noticed smoke coming from the flat above mine. That flat was empty, that person having moved a few days before to a new building on Victoria Island. So the guards went door to door telling folks to get out. When we opened the front door, the hallway was filled with smoke. So we went down the back stairwell, my wife and I with me carrying our two dachshunds down the six flights of stairs.

That was the only fire we ever had but with all of the false alarms, no one believed it. It turned out that the kitchen A/C unit caught fire due to a loose connection causing the wire to overheat and melt the plastic housing, which finally ignited. The guards never actually went upstairs to that flat to see if there was a fire. They just reset the alarm.