Fixed video length to help with DS

JL-F1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is there a way to make a video a fixed length even if it re-triggers, so 10 secs long?

Reasoning:

I find most of my missed DS detections are because maybe a tree in the wind triggered the video and then it kept going, re-triggered, to say 2 mins, then a car drives by one minute into the video and DS is done looking after the 5-10 secs I set for it to look

If I could make my recording always stop after 10 secs then I could have DS analyze all 10 secs, then if something happens, motion detect, even a millisecond later another new video starts recording and DS analysis will start again.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Is there a way to make a video a fixed length even if it re-triggers, so 10 secs long?

Reasoning:

I find most of my missed DS detections are because maybe a tree in the wind triggered the video and then it kept going, re-triggered, to say 2 mins, then a car drives by one minute into the video and DS is done looking after the 5-10 secs I set for it to look

If I could make my recording always stop after 10 secs then I could have DS analyze all 10 secs, then if something happens, motion detect, even a millisecond later another new video starts recording and DS analysis will start again.
Limit your break time. That said, an option to run DS analysis on a retrigger would be the best solution.