First HDW5442TM-ASE

Opeth

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi i purchased my first camera HDW5442TM-ASE and im very happy with it. My question is that i didnt know that this series support smd. I thought obly wizsense series support that. And what is better to use ivs or smd? If i use smd it is easier to enable and disable the notifications from dmss if you add the device to cloud.

Opeth

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It is better as function or what? I try smd all day today and i didnt get false alarm by now.

Ubaid Masood

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
difference between SMD and IVS is SMD is implement on whole scene based on MD and IVS you need to define a rule like tripwire zone or intrusion specific zone...

Opeth

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
difference between SMD and IVS is SMD is implement on whole scene based on MD and IVS you need to define a rule like tripwire zone or intrusion specific zone...
Spesific zone you can set region zone from md to set the areas you want to get motion detection. I m not using the smd to apture anything in the scene but i set a region that i want to get notifications. Also if you set ivs it is complicated to to enable notifications from dmss because i dont want anytime to get them. So if i set ivs i go to dmss and then settings then ai analysis and choose cameras. With smd you can log in to account and go to ME section and simply disable the notifications

Ubaid Masood

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Spesific zone you can set region zone from md to set the areas you want to get motion detection. I m not using the smd to apture anything in the scene but i set a region that i want to get notifications. Also if you set ivs it is complicated to to enable notifications from dmss because i dont want anytime to get them. So if i set ivs i go to dmss and then settings then ai analysis and choose cameras. With smd you can log in to account and go to ME section and simply disable the notifications
for the DMSS push notification you can set schedule to receive notifications