First good Sky Cam footage - Geminid Meteor Shower

Keyboard

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Well, I'm not watching a second time. My eyes are crossed from staring and I think I got a headache from concentrating too much.:idk:
I'm with you on that one! Staring that long felt like I was taking an optical test.

Based on what @Ri22o says, we only saw 25% of the meteors. In other words, we failed the eye test. :thumbdown:

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I watched it on a 28" monitor. Maybe I need to go buy one of those tiny phones with a tiny screen and sign up for phone Internet access. :idk:
I also watched on a 4K 28" monitor and I could see around 10 the first time. Maybe 3 extra very bright one, and some not quite as bright and last shorter duration.

DezertManiac

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You got some nice captures, the one, with the houses all decorated is pretty awesome, what settings did you use if you don' mind me asking, I did not get so lucky this time, I was in a rush and did not have time to mess with shutter speed and other settings (should have save settings from previous meteor showers). Having that camera pointed directly up at the sky (I think) definitely helps a lot.

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
You got some nice captures, the one, with the houses all decorated is pretty awesome, what settings did you use if you don' mind me asking, I did not get so lucky this time, I was in a rush and did not have time to mess with shutter speed and other settings (should have save settings from previous meteor showers). Having that camera pointed directly up at the sky (I think) definitely helps a lot.
Image is all 50, but Sharpness is at 35.
Exposure is Manual/Custom set to 50-50ms. Gain and NR are set to 50. (Shutter locked at 50ms is basically 1/20)
Backlight is BLC

These are what I run them at the rest of the time, as well. I feel it's a good compromise without too much ghosting.

DezertManiac

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Image is all 50, but Sharpness is at 35.
Exposure is Manual/Custom set to 50-50ms. Gain and NR are set to 50. (Shutter locked at 50ms is basically 1/20)
Backlight is BLC

These are what I run them at the rest of the time, as well. I feel it's a good compromise without too much ghosting.
Gotcha, Thanks!