Firmware Update for SD4A425DB-HNY - Sep 2023

Kitsap

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Has anyone updated the firmware on their SD4A425DB-HNY with the new version Andy posted on his website earlier this week?

Reports good, bad, or otherwise?

Updated firmware: General_SD-Gauss_MultiLang_PN_Stream3_V2.821.0000013.1.R.230704.bin

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
I did today. Went OK. Haven't seen any problems with it. Haven't really noticed any improvements.

Was hoping that it would fix the issue re how it limits drawing tripwires to 3 lines, but that's still there for me.

Broachoski

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I seldom upgrade any firmware but did this one and see no difference. I did not have the problem with heavy resouce usage when using browsers as mentioned by others with the former firmware.
That issue with only being able to draw 3 tripwires is a pain as @Mike A. mentioned.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
If you don't already know, you can (mostly) work around it by first drawing two lines along the outside height and width of the area where you want to draw the rest. Then you can draw more within that. i.e., First make what kind of looks like the axis for a graph outside of where you want lines. Should be able to continue drawing more lines within that area.

Kitsap

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I did today. Went OK. Haven't seen any problems with it. Haven't really noticed any improvements.

Was hoping that it would fix the issue re how it limits drawing tripwires to 3 lines, but that's still there for me.
I have not updated my firmware yet. I have two of the cameras and have been holding off for a while. Maybe work on it over the weeekend.

I found for both tripwire and intrusion, draw your graphic and when you hit the line/node limit you can click on the right mouse button and then trashcan the graphic. Go right back and draw a new graphic and usually you do not run in to the line/node limit as quickly. Still a limit, but a lot more than three.

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It will be great to have a short description to highlight the important changes of the new Firmware Update in the future on what's being updated next to the firmware.

So, users/customers don't have to guess what changes have been made and blindly update just because it's new. We can read the short description and make our own
consideration whether the new firmware is worth it to update or not.

Reaction score
It will be great to have a short description to highlight the important changes of the new Firmware Update in the future on what's being updated next to the firmware.

So, users/customers don't have to guess what changes have been made and blindly update just because it's new. We can read the short description and make our own
consideration whether the new firmware is worth it to update or not.
@JDreaming, @DsineR,

The question about a change log has already been answered over in the camera review thread. Basically a new baseline and bug fixes.
doodle cricket
Has the error actually been fixed?

Kitsap

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Has the error actually been fixed?
I have not had any recent issues drawing from scratch or editing existing tripwire or intrusion zone graphics. There is a limit to how many lines you can draw, I recall around 15.

I am on Windows 11 Pro with a desktop connected via Ethernet. As recommended by Andy, for camera settings I exclusively use Chrome with the module installed.