Finding trigger cause

mickiete

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a camera that keeps triggering to motion, I have highlight enabled and have looked at the videos but unable to find the cause. Is there a way to change the motion squares to yellow, or some other colour so as they stand out more ? I have noticed that on live full screen the motion squares do not show, but do show in the picture when on main multiscreen.

Last edited:

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Play back the alert and right click on the video as it's playing. Then select "Testing & Tuning". In the next pane select "Use motion detection". That will show you exactly what triggered the camera. From there, assuming the motion is in the desired detection area, you'll need to adjust contrast or object size in motion detection for that camera.

mickiete

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Play back the alert and right click on the video as it's playing. Then select "Testing & Tuning". In the next pane select "Use motion detection". That will show you exactly what triggered the camera. From there, assuming the motion is in the desired detection area, you'll need to adjust contrast or object size in motion detection for that camera.
Thanks for that, sorted, was a reflection from a shed window. Blocked off now.