Finding RTSP url of Shenzhen IP camera

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
quite satisfied with those mini cams, purchased one to place them i a bird box
now, since i have the local RTSP, added it my synology system
so when its detects motion i can stream those nice little birds to my google hub :)

verry nice for children

smith123

n3wb
Reaction score
quite satisfied with those mini cams, purchased one to place them i a bird box
now, since i have the local RTSP, added it my synology system
so when its detects motion i can stream those nice little birds to my google hub :)

verry nice for children
could you share how you found the RTSP stream? maybe give an example of what it looks like? Thanks

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
yeah, i followed exactly that youtube video a few posts back

this is my rtsp : rtsp:/192.168.0.37:554/xxxx58b6d2fa22ecedf0465798207f4_0

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
but you said earlier that you saw a public url instead of local? i started the camera feed with a windows software : HIDVCAM FOR PC - Hidvcam
so started wireshark on same pc as the software , so the streams dont go public

then you have the local stream

the streams stays the same, it only changes when you do a reset
so powering on / off is no problem at all

Reaction score
Mmm. I did exactly the same, wiresharked the local RTSP adress from very fishy windows program and used on ONVIF app on TV. For my birdbox.

But there are few problems with it:
  • HDVIDCAM android app requires unnecessary permisions (location and microphone), some report actually (on google play) that antivirus software flags it as malware actually.
  • I got shock that I could watch stream from work on adroid, despite strict firewall and no uPnP on router
  • so I whipped a wireshark WiFi access point to see what give. It communicates all trafic from very varying AliBaba owned proxies in germany. still a standard RTSP stream with long token.
  • in cam defence, there is almost zero activity when android app i down, that also means that local stream only starts when prodded by cloud

In the end this is not a device anybody should ever have on their LAN (especially running with server/NAS), nor the android app should be something on your phone.
I run it on isolated network with other smart devices, and view it from a dummy 2ndary mobile phone, so there is no local RTSP acess anymore :(
Windows program really should be only run on a VM.
Setting an acess point with selective VLAN capabilities to let only local rtsp through is beyond my level, and makes it probably 10x expensive in hardware.

Dont buy this crap until custom firmware is available. So far couldn't find any reference.

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Mmm. I did exactly the same, wiresharked the local RTSP adress from very fishy windows program and used on ONVIF app on TV. For my birdbox.

But there are few problems with it:
  • HDVIDCAM android app requires unnecessary permisions (location and microphone), some report actually (on google play) that antivirus software flags it as malware actually.
  • I got shock that I could watch stream from work on adroid, despite strict firewall and no uPnP on router
  • so I whipped a wireshark WiFi access point to see what give. It communicates all trafic from very varying AliBaba owned proxies in germany. still a standard RTSP stream with long token.
  • in cam defence, there is almost zero activity when android app i down, that also means that local stream only starts when prodded by cloud

In the end this is not a device anybody should ever have on their LAN (especially running with server/NAS), nor the android app should be something on your phone.
I run it on isolated network with other smart devices, and view it from a dummy 2ndary mobile phone, so there is no local RTSP acess anymore :(
Windows program really should be only run on a VM.
Setting an acess point with selective VLAN capabilities to let only local rtsp through is beyond my level, and makes it probably 10x expensive in hardware.

Dont buy this crap until custom firmware is available. So far couldn't find any reference.
I only use it in a bird box outsider, so quite safe :)

Reaction score
I only use it in a bird box outsider, so quite safe :)
Lol but it sits inside your LAN/firewall with free access to your shares and computers, depending on permissions.

edit: Depending on how it is regulated, you could try extracting main rtsp stream to network, and hope the token doesnt change until restart. Then use something like restreamer docker to send it safely around

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Lol but it sits inside your LAN/firewall with free access to your shares and computers, depending on permissions.

edit: Depending on how it is regulated, you could try extracting main rtsp stream to network, and hope the token doesnt change until restart. Then use something like restreamer docker to send it safely around
Yeah, only using local rtsp stream, there is no free access to other shares, they are all protected, local token doesnt change

hohmannc

n3wb
Reaction score
Yeah, only using local rtsp stream, there is no free access to other shares, they are all protected, local token doesnt change
did your camera just appear in the windows app? I was using it in iOS and Android with login in. But when I open the program in Windows nothing appears:( do you have a tip?