File not found

Sparkotic

n3wb
Reaction score
Tried searching, but couldn't find an answer. I am new to blue Iris, just got it and my cams last week. Initial set up it seemed to be recording and saving good. I added vlans to my switch (most likely irrelevant) and I noticed I no longer have anything in the "clips" menu. They do show up in "alerts". I ha e all cams set to record on trigger. Changed the location by adding D/ in front of the default path. When it records, it does save the file to my D drive. If I click on the picture of the new saved alert, it gives me a "sorry, file not found" error. If I open my D drive and open the file, it plays no problem. I noticed it saves the files to D/, not D/new.. not a big issue....
Not sure if this is a bug, or if I dont have it configured correctly.

Any help? Thank you

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Screen shot time.

Provide screen shots of Blue Iris options tab, clips and archive, for the New,stored, alert folders. 3 cressn shots.

Never store video files in the base folder for a drive. Your folders for new on the D drive should be.

c:\BlueIris\db
D:\BlueIris\New
D:\BlueIris\Stored
c:\BlueIris\Alerts

The size on the stored folder should be zero
The New folder should be set to delete.
There is no need to move new to stored on the same drive

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't think Blue Iris validates the inputs for those folder paths. At least not well. If you can't type the paths correctly, then use the browse button on the right of the text box.

Sparkotic

n3wb
Reaction score
I copied the blue Iris folder from C to D drive, and I changed the save drives like you suggested, but haven't messed with the time/delete yet. I can not add a folder for where the cameras record, it gives me an error as seen in the first pic. I still cannot see anything in the "all" clips. when they show up in the "alerts" and I click on a clip, it says "sorry, file not found" as seen in the 2nd pic. I have included the requested screen shots as well. I have also included a screen shot of how it is saving directly to my D drive.

Attachments

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have also included a screen shot of how it is saving directly to my D drive.
Re: that last image named "clips.JPG"....on D drive I see no folders named "New", "Stored", etc.
Is it because the view is sorted by time & date and those folders are down at the bottom, out of the screenshot's view?

Last edited:

Sparkotic

n3wb
Reaction score
Re: that last image named "clips.JPG"....on D drive I see no folders named "New", "Stored", etc.
Is it because the view is sorted by time & date and those folders are down at the bottom, out of the screenshot's view?
Yes

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Do not change things unless you know what you are doing .
Get it running first.

1)Put the file name back to the original value. It does not need to be changed. It does not contain the drive letter or the folder name. check use default . &CAM.%Y%m%d_%H%M%S
2) On the all folder uncheck the age value, do not use age only use space.
3) on the new folder set the size to 5% less than the free space on the D drive for a 4 TB drive the size word be about 3610
4) on the new folder check the delete flag. do not move to stored.
5) set the stored folder name correctly.
6) set the stored size to 1 GB, a space holder.

Use the correct folder names for your folders, do not change the names, just the drive letters. Create the folder in windows on other drives after BI install.
C:\BlueIris\db

Last edited:

Sparkotic

n3wb
Reaction score
Do not change things unless you now what you are doing .
Get it running first.

1)Put the file name back to the original value. It does not need to be changed. It does not contain the drive letter or the folder name. check use default . &CAM.%Y%m%d_%H%M%S
2) On the all folder uncheck the age value, no not use age only use space.
3) on the new folder set the size to 5% less than the free space on the D drive for a 4 TB drive the size word be about 3610
4) on the new folder check the delete flag. do not move to stored.
5) set the stored folder name correctly.
6) set the stored size to 1 GB, a space holder.

Use the correct folder names for your folders, do not change the names, just the drive letters. Create the folder in windows on other drives after BI install.
C:\BlueIris\db
Thank you. It is working now.