few BI questions

RWDM3

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
1. to limit processing speed on PC, is there anyway to view the cameras (when your viewing the window with all of them at once) in shitty quality, and only to view the best quality when you double click it to check it ?
2. how do you push the motion alerts to your phone
- right now i just set it up by going into trigger->motion sensor configure-> under use zones and hot spots i highlighted the areas id like to monitor via motion - hopefully this is correct
3. how do i turn off night vision, one of the cameras is inbetween houses, and there is a lot of of the wall of the houses in the camera view so at night you dont the middle, all the IR light is on the wall , i was thinking to correct this maybe if i turned off night vision id be able to see

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
1. Yes. Use the substreams as that is exactly what it does.

2. You need to either have the BI paid app ($10) and send push notifications, send it to SMS/email (not preferred as mobile providers are tightening spam algorithms), or use the Pushover app ($5)

3. That is done within the camera GUI itself, not within BI

RWDM3

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
so i followed all this
motion now works and pushes to my phone, however one camera (although it has same settings as the other ones) doesnt push at all
also i had someone walk through 2 cameras twice, one time it it alerted me on both, one time it alerted me only on one, even though i could see the BI was picking up the person walking as it was highlighting them

RWDM3

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
is there a way to increase sensitivity or something?
i dont get this at all
along the path i took this morning, i have 3 cameras, 2 driveway 1 doorbell

walked outside, walked down side of driveway, 3 minutes later took same path back

door bell camera - caught me leaving and coming
driveway camera closest to me walking - caught me only coming back, not leaving
driveway camera on other side (about 35 40ft from where i walked) - didnt catch anything

i tried doing playback to see if maybe it just didnt send me the alerts properly, but when i do timeline play back now its not even showing me the highlights/squares on where motion is

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Post screenshots of the field of view and screenshots your motion settings. Sometimes it is trying to do too much with one camera.