Ezviz C8C camera blocked by previous owner

piterus90

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I bought on the market C8C Ezviz camera, and while registering it with mobile app, it shows me the message that camera is linked with different account (+ part of phone, email address).
Is there a chance to either disconnect that camera, or at least gain RTSP stream ?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That is the problem with cloud-based used cameras. You need to either have the previous owner logout and/or delete the camera from their account or in some instances getting in contact with the manufacturer can result in them disconnecting it from a previous account.

eggsan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Good luck with the EZVIZ Customer Serice. I still have an useless CS-CIC, after several back and forth emails. Promise myself to never recommend of purchase a product from this Company

piterus90

n3wb
Reaction score
Good luck with the EZVIZ Customer Serice. I still have an useless CS-CIC, after several back and forth emails. Promise myself to never recommend of purchase a product from this Company
It does not sound good. I dropped them a facebook message but there is a bot. I've dropped them emails to two support mailboxes. I hope for some answers, but I think i have to stick to RTSP stream, but there is white annoying light coming from this camera...

SADP shows something on port 8000, but nothing is opening via telnet, webbrowser or anything. Whats that?

piterus90

n3wb
Reaction score
Yeah, managed to connect and RTSP is working. But it turns on annoying white light automatically and god knows if previous owner is not watching me now ;) (ok, he is not - ive blocked outgoing traffic from that camera on router, but...)
Basically without cloud access is useless

piterus90

n3wb
Reaction score
OK, so replies came.
Hikvision - not our product, go to ezviz.
support.uk - not UK distribution, go to hell
support.eu - EU distribution, but security reasons (what kind of reasons? I will not have previous owner recordings) - go to hell, dont forget to return our product, maybe another deer will buy it!
Facebook - bot saying please contact support@ - meaning - go to hell.

It's crap.
But when i started playing with QR code, i've found out that security code isnt really required to connect with their servers - I was afraid it will be calculated anyhow - so maybe there is a way to change a serial number of the device and just push it with some fake ones.
Anyone anything? Knowing such devices, potentially there is some hidden RO partition there, storing such data, hopefully unencrypted.
Wondering as well whether device is validating HTTPS certificates - maybe some MITM attack would reveal something nice :)

No mercy for them.

BlueSoul85

n3wb
Reaction score
OK, so replies came.
Hikvision - not our product, go to ezviz.
support.uk - not UK distribution, go to hell
support.eu - EU distribution, but security reasons (what kind of reasons? I will not have previous owner recordings) - go to hell, dont forget to return our product, maybe another deer will buy it!
Facebook - bot saying please contact support@ - meaning - go to hell.

It's crap.
But when i started playing with QR code, i've found out that security code isnt really required to connect with their servers - I was afraid it will be calculated anyhow - so maybe there is a way to change a serial number of the device and just push it with some fake ones.
Anyone anything? Knowing such devices, potentially there is some hidden RO partition there, storing such data, hopefully unencrypted.
Wondering as well whether device is validating HTTPS certificates - maybe some MITM attack would reveal something nice :)

No mercy for them.
Any updates on this?Just got one C4W camera and had been trying to get in touch with the support people a dcrhey said same shit .... can't help me..lol.Soo any chance of getting it fixed?They told me that this camera is stuck with one serial number and beat chance is to find original owner ffs...

eggsan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Good luck! CB3C0D78-A415-4DFB-B53B-CA3861134113.jpegEZVIZ is a piece if garbage, while the Customer Service is a joke for the Industry. Promise to myself will never buy an eviz product again. Currently using my CS-CIC as a paper clip. Next to it, you may see my Dahua IPC, still working great after many years

BlueSoul85

n3wb
Reaction score
Well today I manage to get it working,it lights up blue and I connect it to my system,I can use it like that ..but won't go in infrared mod in the night time...

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Tbh, dump it to trash and buy from verified seller or reseller or distributor. Anything else is waste of time that probably will surpass the price of the device. Sorry if this sounds harsh :D