EYEsurv NVR and Hikvision camera motion detection

cpuryear

n3wb
Reaction score
I have an EYEsurv NVR ESDV-NVRMINI-16 (same as the dahua DH-NVR4116?) and a couple of Hikvision cameras running.
Almost everything is working with the exception of motion detection.

With my DS-2CD2332 camera, It will record based on motion - however none of the settings will "stick". Its permanently at a motion sensitivity level of 6 and I cannot set the zone coverage.

With my DS-2CD2032, I cannot get the motion detection recording to work at all.

Does anyone have any luck using these Hikvision cameras on EYEsurv/Dahua NVRs? Don't both of these Hikvision cameras have the same firmware?? I can't figure out why one would behave differently than the other.

(For the record, I also have an older Axis camera attached through Onvif to the EYEsurv and everything with that guy just works)

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Have you tried using ONVIF for the Hikvision cameras? You might then have to configure the detail of motion detection in the camera itself, depending on the level of ONVIF support in the NVR.

cpuryear

n3wb
Reaction score
I may be on to a solution.

Both cameras, when viewing the settings through their web admin, show that Video ->Security->Motion detection is NOT enable. I'm not sure how that feature is currently working with the 2CD2332.
My default browser is Chrome and using that, I cannot enable that option. Clicking save returns an error message. However, if I switch to IE and relax the default security restrictions, then I am able to check on Motion and click save.

This then allowed the NVR to begin recording for the 2CD2032.

Progress....

Hoog23

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So this is working? I got one of these NVR's about 2 weeks ago and my first hikvision just arrived. thanks

cpuryear

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, working for me now.

Cameras are connected to the NVR as generic ONVIF and I had to make all motion detection settings directly on the cameras themselves (and then only IE would work for me to do that)