Exposure mode/ shutter speed

Kutalon

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
I have generic Chinese camera, 1080p PTZ 18x zoom.
camera 1.PNG

I wanted to set it as LPR camera but changing exposure mode does not change anything!
camera 2.PNG
I was able to turn down AE so that I can read LP quite OK (with tape over IR sensor to force IR mode) but I have no idea how to actually turn down shutter speed to 1/2000 or 1/4000 or to check what is it set to right now.

Any tips?

pmcross

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Are you accessing the camera settings directly, or is this through the NVR?

Kutalon

n3wb
Reaction score
Try changing your profile to day or night and then set the manual exposure setting.
Unfortunately still nothing, there is something going on during change ( a bit of focus change) but it's certainly not 1/4000
camera 3.PNG
AE changes were preety good in terms of make plates readable but I need shutter for higher car speeds.
Day
camera 5.jpg
Night
camera 4.jpg

Last edited:

pmcross

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Have you tried resetting the camera to factory defaults and re-configuring it? I'm not sure what else to have you try.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
maybe try disabling the auto-iris? Cheaper cams don't even really have an adjustable iris, so such a setting may simply override the 'exposure' setting...

Reaction score
I have a similar Chinese knock off. You're saying yours doesn't actually do anything when you change the exposure to one of the manual modes?

Kutalon

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a similar Chinese knock off. You're saying yours doesn't actually do anything when you change the exposure to one of the manual modes?
Nope, I can even set it to 1/10000, there is just a little bit of focus change for a second ant that's it.

After factory reset it looks like this
factory reset.PNG
but still no luck with exposure mode

Last edited:

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
It's all about the actual camera that they put in the ptz. Just because there's a menu line item for a setting does not mean the camera they put in there can do it. This is probably the case.