Explain Disarm – SMD/Motion and IVS Period

Kalan

n3wb
Reaction score
Could someone care to explain how the disarm period works on the NVR with SMD4 and TIOC2 cams?

1. Does disarm periods turn off logs/recording of these IVS/SMD events?
2. Does disarm turn off IVS ability to turn on the warning lights on TIOC 2 cams? My experience is that I haven't been able to get the warning light to trigger ever since it surprised me after turning it on out of the box. I'm trying tripwires, intrusion etc. Disarm periods have been OFF (as I understand) for each day I am testing these things.
3. How does the DMSS disarm period interact with the NVR settings? I keep getting SMD/Motion detection through the app even though show messages is off, disarmed etc. Record period is still on though.

I've been trying to watch every YouTube video on the subject but there's either not a thorough tutorial with examples or the UI is outdated and the naming/features are different.

Example: I want to set an intrusion zone at our site that records 24/7 but only notifies me of IVS events (NOT MD) OUTSIDE of business hours. I want 24/7 NVR logs for searching BUT want my phone to only alert me of specific intrusion zones OUTSIDE of business hours i.e the disarm period.

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
From videos I have seen on Youtube:
Disarm period, when scheduled as 'on' means the siren/light functionality is turned off.
Disarm does not turn off the IVS rules or logging.
DMSS disarm links all cameras with TiOC function on that NVR to be disarmed.

An overview for setting up.
You need smart plan enabled for IVS before IVS will work.

Schedule disarming (green means disarmed) & DMSS app:

Kalan

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks, I seemed to have figured it out at the same time as making this post.

I do have some other problems to solve now, I have set an intrusion zone, but the warning lights stop after 5 seconds or so. Which settings controls the IVS light trigger? The motion detection warning light is set to 30 seconds of time.

... additionally I want it so the recording keeps going until the person or vehicle leaves the zone, rather than stopping and starting.

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks, I seemed to have figured it out at the same time as making this post.
  1. I have set an intrusion zone, but the warning lights stop after 5 seconds or so. Which settings controls the IVS light trigger? The motion detection warning light is set to 30 seconds of time.
  2. additionally I want it so the recording keeps going until the person or vehicle leaves the zone, rather than stopping and starting.
I am waiting for my TiOC camera to be delivered, so I'm trying my best from what I have seen online and referencing to a thermal camera I own with light/speaker.

1 I do not see options exposed on my NVR's interface for setting the light duration. This seems to be limited to the camera's UI. Likely recent NVR software versions would have it.
Look for something about a light and a duration.
1690867466183.png

2 Recording duration is set by events in 'storage'.
Pre-record time is self explanatory of what it does.
Just make sure your recording schedule is set for MD/SMD and/or IVS.
1690867615672.png

Post-record sets how long it records since the event (IVS or SMD or Face Rec or Alarm or (you get the point LOL) ). This timer restarts if triggered again.
1690867706403.png