Experienced with DVR/NVR systems, looking to learn more about BI and benefits..

Nolesfan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Been trying to learn from the site since joining recently.. to provide a bit of background, I have been installing Bosch/Speco DVRs/NVRs for the past 12 years.. I am looking to learn more about the benefits of BI. Where is the best place to start? What is the greatest benefit of BI over using a dedicated NVR or DVR? Is there any BI support for analog cameras? (asking more for ability to upgrade existing customers analog or IP systems that I have installed over the years without starting from scratch.)

Thanks for the info!

-tim

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Been trying to learn from the site since joining recently.. to provide a bit of background, I have been installing Bosch/Speco DVRs/NVRs for the past 12 years.. I am looking to learn more about the benefits of BI. Where is the best place to start? What is the greatest benefit of BI over using a dedicated NVR or DVR? Is there any BI support for analog cameras? (asking more for ability to upgrade existing customers analog or IP systems that I have installed over the years without starting from scratch.)

Thanks for the info!

-tim
Welcome to the forum. I would start by reading the posts in the BI section of the forum. I would also download the demo and play with it. BI is way more flexible than any nvr. It not only allows you to use almost any ip camera but has tons of advanced scheduling and alert features not available in NVR's. Its hands down miles ahead of a standalone unit. Blue iris will support analog cams using an encoder...there are several threads discussing them.

MartyO

Banned
Reaction score

Thanks for the info!

-tim
For analog stuff, you will need to set up camera to device type of your capture hardware, this is apart of setup procedure for any camera.

slowmod

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
as for the analog's I'm running 4ch axis 240q's on two different systems to pull in a total of 6 old analog cameras, BI has a integrated presets for it already. extremely simple / cost effective (used off ebay) setup.