Expanding my setup

danpolo

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey guys,

my current setup for my Restaurant looks like this:

14 IP Cams (3x old axis cams, 5x Hikvision 2CD-2042WD, 6x Hikvision 2CD-2432F-IW)
All cams (except for the old axis) run on 15fps, 1080p, variable bitrate max 4096kbps
Blue Iris on a i7-6700k win10 machine
average cpu usage 50-70%

Im planning to expand the setup with 3-4 outdoor and 1-2 indoor cams.

Here are my questions:

1. Im pretty satisfied with the Hik models but Im always open for improvements, if its in the same-ish price range. Can you recommend alternative models? I heard the dahua starlight models are great. But I live in Germany and I have troubles finding reputable resellers.

2. I want all cams to record permanently or use motion detection. Will this be possible with my machine? If not, do you think its better to upgrade the CPU or use two machines?

Thanks for your help!

Regards,
Daniel

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

my current setup for my Restaurant looks like this:

14 IP Cams (3x old axis cams, 5x Hikvision 2CD-2042WD, 6x Hikvision 2CD-2432F-IW)
All cams (except for the old axis) run on 25fps, 1080p, variable bitrate max 4096kbps
Blue Iris on a i7-6700k win10 machine
average cpu usage 50-70%

Im planning to expand the setup with 3-4 outdoor and 1-2 indoor cams.

Here are my questions:

1. Im pretty satisfied with the Hik models but Im always open for improvements, if its in the same-ish price range. Can you recommend alternative models? I heard the dahua starlight models are great. But I live in Germany and I have troubles finding reputable resellers.

2. I want all cams to record permanently or use motion detection. Will this be possible with my machine? If not, do you think its better to upgrade the CPU or use two machines?

Thanks for your help!

Regards,
Daniel
See the wiki for optimal settings, your machine is running at higher cpu than it should be. You can easily run all that on one machine.
hikvision has low light cameras as well, see the hikvision low light camera thread. Also most here buy dahua direct from china, can easily be shipped to germany.