Event configuration

netnode

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a Hikvision DS-7604NI-K1/4P (B) 4ch 4K NVR with two DS-2CD2087G2-L(U) cameras and I am awaiting another camera.

What is the best way to configure the events and or smart events?

Should I use the interface of the NVR or config setting on the actual camera?

I ask as, via the camera config, if I set the lights of the camera to come on when movement is detected it will not send an email as configured in the NVR settings?

Do I not use the NVR at all and just the camera settings or can you use a bit of both? Although it seems that the camera settings override the NVR settings?

This is all new to me.

Also, if via the NVR settings I turn on the led camera lights, my monitor screen seems to freeze at the point the lights come on.

Attached is a shot of the screen frozen, you can see near the middle bottom a blue bar etc. is that of any significance as they only appear when the screen freezes?

Thanks in advance for your help.20210323_202230.jpg

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It is best to setup the settings for the camera within the camera itself. Even though all same brand, some things get wonky being set in the NVR telling the camera what to do. General consensus is set up recording within the NVR, but motion setting and shutter and brightness, etc. within the camera itself.

netnode

n3wb
Reaction score
When I tried to set up the email address in the camera settings it keep on about invalid network settings or similar.

The email settings were the same as I entered into the NVR and that worked, until via the camera I activated led camera lights on movement then I didn't receive any emails.

Gotta ask why HikVision don't have a linkage action in the NVR to trigger the cameras LED Lights, I have the latest firmware and there is no NVR setting to activate the lights on motion of any kind and yet there is via the cameras?

Thanks for your reply, should I delete email details etc in the NVR and just have them in camera settings?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The NVR isolates the cameras from the internet, so that is why you were getting invalid network setting errors. The email and push notification type stuff should be done within the NVR. Strange that it worked in the NVR settings until you activated the camera lights - there must be another setting or schedule or something that then get activated that you need to find and correct that.

The LED lights is a relatively new feature in cameras, so even with latest firmware, it may not show up as features in the NVR yet. Give it time.

netnode

n3wb
Reaction score
Finally worked it out.

In the NVR settings you configure Smart Event Intrusion with linkage to email.

In the camera settings, set the smart event line crossing with linkage to Led.

Now I get emails and the LED is triggered for 30 seconds when movement is detected.

The monitor no longer freezes.