Ethernet Cable Atricles

Reaction score

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Tester? I don’t have no stinkin tester, Hombre, we don’t have to show you any stinking Testers! 7BA2B90D-A34B-4450-9820-222344A26694.jpeg
Ok I should have one but i don’t. I used up a box of 50 over the past couple years. 2 bad terminations. 1 was a miswire, and the other was a mystery.

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
"you will want to use shielded cable for areas with high interference and running cables outdoors or inside walls."

I'm a several thousand foot violator of the shielded cable in walls and outdoors part.
The vast majority of time this isn’t a huge factor in a residential setting. The same can’t be said in a industrial environment where three phase or high voltage is present.

When people talk about the same for direct burial cable or overhead. Distance matters along with the incidence of lightning. If people who live in lightning alley choose to ignore industry standards and best practices along with not using any form of grounding / SPD.

This is why the economy is so great! Because these people keep making the same mistakes over and over again and spend gobs of money to replace the same!

The wiring infrastructure is just one of several things that are part of a larger system. If people can’t even buy the correct cable never mind (Earth) ground / use SPD’s to protect the line.

You’ll continue to see and read why X switch, camera, NVR, is shit.