Escam CMS3.0 keeps crashing when Using Auto Detect!

selkent1

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

I know that, generally speaking, Escams models are not thought of that high in the IP cam world but for me they are pefectly fine, and have been using them for a while now without any problems. Until now.

I had them (3 of them) running using windows 7 and Escams CMS3.0 software and everything worked fine. Then, like many, i recieved the windows 10 pro upgrade and still, everything worked fine and had no problems. Then due to an unrelated issue i had to reset (reinstall) windows 10 and even though i kept all my personal files, i lost all my desktop stuff. No probs though as most of my stuff lives on the 3 additional drives that live inside my machine, so it was just a case of reinstalling a few programs. CMS3.0 being one of them. I reinstalled everything, and then ran the IP search tool, which promptly detected the cameras, and then booted up CMS3.0. One up and running i simply click on autosearch and it would list the cameras in the bottom box and..........crash! Every single time!!!

I have pinged and tested the cameras in numerous ways, so i know they are working. Ran a variety of detection utils to make sure they are showing up and the IP addresses are fine, etc. But to no avail. I have updated win 10 to its fullest and still the result is the same. I open CMS3.0 and its fine as it is. I can click on various windows etc, and it goes nowhere, that is until i tell it to autosearch. Once it finds the cameras and lists them, it crashes! I know the software is basic, and i know there is a lot of potentially good other software out there but i know it works, as it worked before, and i have been through my setup as best i can and nothing seems to have changed.

Anyone got any ideas?

Regards
Phil