Errors driving me mad.

muggins

n3wb
Reaction score
DVR-208Q
I have 4 IP cams (OEM) attached which at different stages have all worked.
I leave the system untouched but randomly the cameras disappear and re-appear.
I see errors Offline(Network abnormal), Offline(parameter error) and offline(ip camera exception)
Currently only one is working.
Anyone have any advice.
thanks
John

Evroul

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What are your settings, say do you go full throttle on framerate etc. Maybe your connection isnt sufficient for your settings? Just starting of here with initial thoughts before knowing your exact setup. If it’s an “older” used to work system it could be cables, ports not properly “water-secured” ie bad connection from there. I’m no Mcgyver here but without more info I personally can’t come up with more for now

muggins

n3wb
Reaction score
What are your settings, say do you go full throttle on framerate etc. Maybe your connection isnt sufficient for your settings? Just starting of here with initial thoughts before knowing your exact setup. If it’s an “older” used to work system it could be cables, ports not properly “water-secured” ie bad connection from there. I’m no Mcgyver here but without more info I personally can’t come up with more for now
I haven't really set anything up. Just plugged in with defaults. Strangely at the moment SADP is only finding one camera but this is showing as "parameter error) on Hikvision web page.
Excuse me for lack of knowledge as I am just transitioning from analogue cameras.

Evroul

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Dahua cameras, at least the ones I got from Andy all come with 192.168.1.108. The ip on your hikvisions may be static and not getting dhcp addresses from your router? So since only one is working it could the the one getting an ip in your scope. Not a network engineer either, and never had hikvisions this would be my best guess :) Hope other chime in so we can get you up and running. Can you tell a little more about your network setup

muggins

n3wb
Reaction score
On the search facility within the Hikvision web setup it finds all the cameras with associated IPs. The status stubbornly remains as offline.

Evroul

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Your NVR says :
  • Supports 4 MP lite, and when enabled the image effect is similar with 4 MP

• Can you remember your settings on the cameras? Perhaps having set them “higher” than what your NVR can handle

muggins

n3wb
Reaction score
I don't know whats happening. I have restored whole system to default and tried to re-install cameras. Still offline but now system seems to be limiting me to 2 IP cams. Getting late here. Back tomorrow.

muggins

n3wb
Reaction score
Sorry.. restricted to 2 because after factory reset all 8 analogue cams were turned on. I've been working through the "offline pdf" and still no success. I don't undrstand why in a stand alone system that it needs connectivity to Hikvision servers. All 4 cameras are on the network and I can ping them.

Last edited: