Error code hcnetsdk.dll[7] in remote configuration of Hikvision

Gauss

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a problem with remote configuration of Hikvision cameras.
So basically the situation is like this - I have a Hikvision NVR + 3 Hikvision IP cameras. They are all in one subnet. Everything is recording and storing on the NVR, I can access live view through ivms-4200, I can access remote playback. I can configure them. But only when the computer with ivms-4200 is on the same subnet. I have also added them to Hik Cloud P2P to connect to them remotely. When I'm not on the same subnet and connect remotely, I can access live feed, I can access remote playback, BUT I can't access the remote playback files, nor can I download them. Also, I can access remote configuration, but I can't change things there and it returns various errors. If I open "Remote configuration - Storage - File" and try to search for files, it instantly returns error:
Error code hcnetsdk.dll[7] Connecting to device failed. The device is offline or the network timed out.
The NVR has local ip 192.168.1.60, cameras have 61-64. All behind Huawei LTE router with 4G connection.
Any ideas on how can I get to download the recording files remotely?

Gauss

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok. I think I figured it out. As my router is on 4G connect with dynamic ip, the NVR obviously sits behind at least two firewalls (my router, which I can pass through) and a number of routers on the mobile service provider. Guess I have to get a static ip then from them to be able to access NVR properly.

davied91

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello i have the same Problem.

Router IP 192.168.178.1
NVR IP: 192.168.178.22

I use DYN DNS it works with HTTP remote.
But remote via ivms same error.

NVR: DS-7608NI-E2
DVR Version: V3.4.103 build 181226
HTTP Port: 80 forwarding to xxxx works -> dyndns:port no problme to open DVR
Serverport: 8000 -> forwarding in Fritzbox 7590 as Port 8000 as TCP do not work