Error 8000007a(Check port/user/password)0 Help please

matchewready

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
New to BI and just set up one camera last night. Connected to it in BI and all seemed fine. Wife asked if we could see the camera on our cell phone? I didn't know how to do it with BI so installed Amcrest view pro on phone, I had to change the password in the app just to use it and scanned the bar code in app for the serial number. The camera showed up fine in the app and still worked fine in BI. Later I shut down BI but when I restated it the camera was blank showing the "Error 8000007a(Check port/user/password)0" Camera was still working fine in the app but not BI. I tried the Amcrest password on the camera password in BI but don't recall creating a username so left at admin.

I spent a couple of hours deleting and reinstalling camera, unistalled the app, even uninstalled/reinstalled BI but problem persists. I'm using the trial version of BI. What the did I do to screw it all up?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What the did I do to screw it all up?
Probably scanning the QR code, putting the cam into P2P (Point To Point) mode so it can access a cloud somewhere.
  1. Hard reset the cam and set it up from scratch.
  2. Assign a static IP to the cam in the same subnet as the BI server but outside of your router's DHCP pool.
  3. Log into the cam and disable / turn off uPNP and P2P.
  4. Remove Amcrest app from phone....BTW, don't scan any QR codes.
  5. Remove and re-install the cam in BI, using the IP you assigned it in step 2.
  6. Purchase the Blue Iris app for remote access and run the remote setup wizard; refer to BI's built-in 'Help".

matchewready

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok, I did a hard reset on the camera.

2.Assign a static IP to the cam in the same subnet as the BI server but outside of your router's DHCP pool. Looking around inside my router for this option but am completely lost on this one?

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
what is the make and model or your router.
Is your router a modem/router supplied by your internet provider ?
What is the local IP address of your Router?
What is the local address of your BI PC ?
The DHCP range is set inside the router.
The static IP address is set inside the camera, not the router.

Read How to Secure Your Network (Don't Get Hacked!)

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
2.Assign a static IP to the cam in the same subnet as the BI server but outside of your router's DHCP pool. Looking around inside my router for this option but am completely lost on this one?
Go to LAN setting, DHCP, look at the range it assigns to devices, that's its DHCP pool.
In other words, if router IP is 192.168.1.1, its DHCP pool could be from 192.168.1.2 to .49 or from 192.168.1.49 to .100, and in either of those cases you'd use 192.168.1.200 and above for your static IP's. That gives you plenty, all the way to .254 (in this example).

matchewready

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
what is the make and model or your router.
Is your router a modem/router supplied by your internet provider ?
What is the local IP address of your Router?
What is the local address of your BI PC ?
The DHCP range is set inside the router.
The static IP address is set inside the camera, not the router.

Read How to Secure Your Network (Don't Get Hacked!)
Yes, my modem/router is supplied by my isp
ip addy of router i 10.0.0.1
ip of BI PC is 10.0.0.130
my laptop is 10.0.0.229

I changed the camera to 10.0.0.250 but do'nt see an option in BI to log into camera and disable / turn off uPNP and P2P ?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I changed the camera to 10.0.0.250 but do'nt see an option in BI to log into camera and disable / turn off uPNP and P2P ?
  1. In BI, go to Camera settings=>Video, look at mid page, see link to cam IP (should be as you say, 10.0.0.250), click on it.
  2. Cam webGUI will come up, log into cam with user/pass.
  3. In cam, go to Setup=>Network=>UPnP, uncheck "Enable', then click on "Save".
  4. In cam, go to Setup=>Network=>TCP/IP=>P2P, uncheck "Enable', then click on "Save".

matchewready

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
  1. Cam webGUI will come up, log into cam with user/pass.
I don't know the user/pass, I tried admin/admin no luck,

matchewready

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
When I first logged into the Amcrest view app it made me change the password but pretty sure I didnt change the username. I tried admin/ and the new password but no luck, now I have 2 chances left:idk:

Also when I changed to 10.0.0.250 the link does not load the amcrest log in page, when I use the default ip addy I get the log in page but can't get logged in

Last edited:

matchewready

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok I got it! When I reset the camera I powered off and just pressed the button for a couple seconds. Found a link on the proper way to reset, hold for 45 seconds while being powered on. That was the whole problem, so simple:banghead:

You guys never gave up and for that I'm grateful!

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
:clap: You did all the hard work, thanks for letting us know.....now I know about the trickery involved in one form of reset anyway.
It's kind of like router reset. Some you do unplugged, some you do plugged in "live". I just hope i can avoid doing a reset at all....