Epoe Ptz?

dudemaar

Known around here
Reaction score
Is there such a thing as a epoe Ptz camera? I need a solution for installing a ptz on post 1000 ft out in a field with no hydro source. Or possibly trench a few cables for a few epoe cameras?

dudemaar

Known around here
Reaction score
I am thinking trench in some 3/4 inch abs water pipe and pull a few cables through for some epoe cameras?

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
I am thinking trench in some 3/4 inch abs water pipe and pull a few cables through for some epoe cameras?
If you're going that far with one camera maybe consider pulling two coax cables (one to use now, one as a spare) with a couple strings (to pull cables later should it be necessary) in case you want another (or three) cameras later.

This device says it extends POE up to 3000 feet over coax. It should to be powered by POE+ (802.3at) for a PTZ which are often pushing the limits of POE+ at > 20w per camera. The description says indoor use only but I'm pretty sure installing the receiver in an IP67 box at the far end would be okay.

If you do decide you need another camera, you can use a POE multiplex but you may run into power issues as the PTZ may be using all available wattage on the existing run. But if you've pulled another cable, just buy another coax extender and you're golden.

dudemaar

Known around here
Reaction score
coax? i just recycled a box :( I read that epoe is cat5e ? should i run cat6 dir=ect burial

dudemaar

Known around here
Reaction score
If you can find an ePOE PTZ that suits your needs and budget. Check the link @looney2ns provided.

If not, you'd need coax and the extender I linked to cover that distance with regular POE or POE+.
Which extender? I don't see the link.