Encoder streaming profile - BI’s Web server

Dave Lonsdale

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Is there a setting for the remote client (phone & iPad) to automatically use “Streaming 1“ instead of “Streaming 0“ when I’m away from home? My broadband is rubbish and in some places, 4G is no better. Now that I use OpenVPN instead of port forwarding, I leave the client WAN field blank.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Just a thought...

A "streaming profile" can be configured under the "web server" tab => "Advanced"and then a "user" can be tied to that "streaming profile" under the "users" tab. So I guess you could create a user named "iPad" that is identical in all respects to another user except the streaming profile # and use that user to sign in remotely from that device. :cool:

Dave Lonsdale

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Just a thought...

A "streaming profile" can be configured under the "web server" tab => "Advanced"and then a "user" can be tied to that "streaming profile" under the "users" tab. So I guess you could create a user named "iPad" that is identical in all respects to another user except the streaming profile # and use that user to sign in remotely from that device. :cool:
TonyR, what a brilliant idea. I’ll check that out when I get home.
Many thanks

Dave Lonsdale

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Just a thought...

Does the job perfectly. Thanks again TonyR

Dave Lonsdale

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
In the BI app, you can choose which streaming profile to use in the app settings.
Oh yes looney2ns! I’ve now found that setting (my failing memory is a problem). Thank you.
Checking out both methods though, to me (just now) it seems to be a bit easier to edit the login username - Dave, DaveR1 and DaveR2 - corresponding to streaming profiles 0, 1 and 2 depending on the quality of the connection. The app setting method was perfect when I was using the WAN setting when forwarding ports before using OpenVPN. It was ‘set and forget’…..