Enable camera to send emails behind poe nvr

JFire

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm trying to enable line crossing. I've set it up within the camera due to the nvr ui and smart pss not supporting it. I'm using able to get the camera to send snaps or email on a crossing. It doesn't seems to be recording get either but I can see in real-time that's it detecting etc...

Dahua 4108p nvr
2 dahua 4421r cameras

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
JFire,
So when you select Playback, there's nothing there?
Are you recording 24/7?
Or are you trying to record only after an line crossing tripwire event?

JFire

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@Fastb i was only recording on detection but it was doing it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
JFire,

The camera could tell the NVR to start recording for 1) simple MD or 2) "Smart Detect", eg: line crossing.
#1 is supported by the NVR. The NVR understand the "MD event" message from the camera.
#2 is not supported by the NVR, unless it's the new 4K variety. (note: this is what my dahua distributor tells me. However, your results indicate it just might be supported somehow)

I'd like to understand how you accomplished #2 with your non-4K NVR. Then I'll use your solution in my system.

Allow me to test a hunch.

Did you have simple MD enabled and "Smart Detect" line crossing enabled simultaneously?
Simple MD could have triggered your recording. Line crossing may have activated also. But coincidentally.
So the question might be "What really triggered the NVR to record?" Was it MD or "Smart Detect"?

My camera is set up to send emails & snapshots for line crossing. The email subject line contains "Dome".
My NVR is set up to send email & snap for simple MD. The email subject line contains "NVR".
When I get a text & snap, I know what caused it, ie: MD or line crossing.

In your case, maybe the past recordings were initiated by simple MD.
You had Tripwire enabled, and maybe you gave credit to Triwpwire for the recordings....
I record 24/7. You record after an event. I don't know if there is a title or embedded text you might enable, so you'd know what initiated the recording....

JFire

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@Fastb i never was able to get my device to record with tripwire enabled. In fact I haven't been able to get it to trigger on motion since I since it up either. I'm going to set everything back to default and start fresh.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
@JFire,
Check the thread on the other forum
Latest f/w is critical

Google cctv forum, subject "Alarm Questions & Challenges w/ Dahua system"

IVS ("smart detect") is greatly affected by the Dahua NVR firmware. Forum member brebenac shares insight

If you have non-IVS-capable cameras, the NVR f/w may not easily provide IVS feature support....